Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm guessing my answer of Siberians throwing boiling water out the window and it turning to ice before it hits the ground is not it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
hint: if you can't guess this one, I recommend googling "Leidenfrost crazy Russians". Thank me later.
Is this about what happens when you drink so much vodka you pass out in the garden in winter and wake up with a strange puke/piss cocktail frozen over you body?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I can't remember the exact science, but I think this is about an instantaneous layer of "insulation" created when the moisture in your skin vaporizes so quickly it protects you from being burned....?
(I think I butchered the explanation)

Binaural

Eats Squid
I can't remember the exact science, but I think this is about an instantaneous layer of "insulation" created when the moisture in your skin vaporizes so quickly it protects you from being burned....?
(I think I butchered the explanation)
You're right! A thin layer of vapor forms, inhibiting heat transfer. This is why you sometimes see water droplets skittering around a very hot pan instead of immediately evaporating. Also why crazy Russians can swipe their hands through molten steel without getting burned. Over to you!

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Who am I?

I was born in Norway in 1974.
I utterly dominated & transformed my chosen sport during the 1990's.
I won world championships in '93, '95 & '97.
I won the Euro Championships in '91, '92, '93, '94 & '97.
I won the US open final '92, '93 & '95.
In 2007 I set a world record for highest air at 9.8 meters above the top of the lip.
I enjoyed a 'blank cheque' sponsorship from THE major manufacturer for all of my career
and was prominent in any/all marketing & PR for this manufacturer.
I am widely regarded as the most influential person in the progression of my sport from fringe activity to full-blown elite sport.
My nick name is/was "the cat".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Staying with the snow theme and just because I want to put up a video of his jump.
Who won the riders choice award at this years King and Queen of Corbets competition?
Pretty sure it was the underwhelming effort from T. Rice. I've watched he'd quite a few of those sessions and this year's event didn't seem to have the same reckless creativity as usual. Where was the back flip to wall ride entry? On that event, we're the couple of man made jumps a new edition to this year or have I just never noticed before?

Just checked your spoiler and I have supplied the incorrect answer. The correct answer is definitely 100% sender.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Pretty sure it was the underwhelming effort from T. Rice. I've watched he'd quite a few of those sessions and this year's event didn't seem to have the same reckless creativity as usual. Where was the back flip to wall ride entry? On that event, we're the couple of man made jumps a new edition to this year or have I just never noticed before?

Just checked your spoiler and I have supplied the incorrect answer. The correct answer is definitely 100% sender.
The man made jumps were a new addition this year. The extra snow seemed to make for softer landings but more bomb holes with people struggling to ski the run out. At least an Aussie came 4th. Highlight was definitely the riders choice winner.
Might make the question easier, What was the riders choice winners mode of transport?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like my question was a little too obscure. The answer was sit skier, Trevor Kennison. Check out the video of his jump it is massive, as one person online wrote; how can he fit in a sit ski with balls that big!

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/ski/video-sit-skier-sends-corbets-couloir-at-kings-and-queens-19

It was a line ball with the Terje answer so @pink poodle your turn to throw out a question.
Sorry been slashing the pow (I mean slush...). Found a good stash of "at least it isn't ice" and some trees. Just having a coffee and won't be back for a while. Might be best someone else throws up a question.