Qld State DH Series Round 2 - Illinbah CANCELLED!!!

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Is it really $10 entry to watch? can any one confirm?
And if its $10 i hope there is some form of carpark.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Is it really $10 entry to watch? can any one confirm?
And if its $10 i hope there is some form of carpark.
You've got to be farkin joking me? Its not a world cup mate.
Where do you get your information from?

Last edited:

Jack456

Likes Dirt
Ive got two questions, one is were do I actually pay the $95, and two, how can i edit my entry form because one of my mates wrote i was sponsered by condom kingdom when i was in the toilet lol.

redrocket

Likes Dirt
Ok, got the answer about pricing for Saturday. There was a miss print on the mail out of $45. The cost is the same as Kenilworth of $50 for Saturday practice.
will the shuttles be as quick and efficient as kenilworth though for the same money?

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I dont think the shuttles will be quite as fast as they were at Kenilworth. Kenilworth had a lot of vehicles and a relatively quick turn around on a loop road. The Illinbah shuttle is a fair bit longer and a fair bit slower but its still pretty good sometimes if you get your runs in sync with the busses and shuttle trucks. Can still get 6 - 9 runs a day.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive got two questions, one is were do I actually pay the $95, and two, how can i edit my entry form because one of my mates wrote i was sponsered by condom kingdom when i was in the toilet lol.
1. You pay your $95 on the day when you turn up and collect your number plate.

2. Don't edit your entry, because that is piss funny. Your mate is a good fellow.

redrocket

Likes Dirt
I dont think the shuttles will be quite as fast as they were at Kenilworth. Kenilworth had a lot of vehicles and a relatively quick turn around on a loop road. The Illinbah shuttle is a fair bit longer and a fair bit slower but its still pretty good sometimes if you get your runs in sync with the busses and shuttle trucks. Can still get 6 - 9 runs a day.

6-9 runs per day means only 3 practice runs before race. kenilworth could do 4 runs per hour because they had more than the required number of suitably capable vehicles. from past races at illinbah that i have attended i found that the transport of bikes was good but the selection of hire buses was very poor in terms of capability to climb the mountain at a suitable pace and for the safety of the passgengers on the outdated and questionable roadworthy conditions of some buses.

I think that the concept behind kenilworth shuttles is that the riders (who are the most important people on the day) are able to get as many practice runs as they need to feel comfortable with the track. it should be one of the primary responsibilities of the club to ensure the best shuttle service possible.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you're forgetting this isn't kenilworth....

I completely agree with what you're saying, but kenilworth is lucky enough to have a loop road and a massive ammount of volunteers, including a 4x4 club.

Unfortunately Illinbah has a lengthy shuttle turnaround with no room to pass, making organising speedy shuttles a lot more difficult (especially when kids are too retarded to put their bikes on the f*cking trailers)

If you don't like it... don't race...

Last edited:

tumble

Likes Dirt
I think you're forgetting this isn't kenilworth....

I completely agree with what you're saying, but kenilworth is lucky enough to have a loop road and a massive ammount of volunteers, including a 4x4 club.

Unfortunately Illinbah has a lengthy shuttle turnaround with no room to pass, making organising speedy shuttles a lot more difficult (especially when kids are too retarded to put their bikes on the f*cking trailers)

If you don't like it... don't race...
+1
Unless you have a millionaire uncle who is willing to donate the dollars require to put in a chair lift at Illinbah then you make do with what GCMTB have organized. At times the Kenilworth shuttles backed up & you had to wait 20-30 mins, not to mention the extra shuttle scratches caused by over-zelous 4WDrs, so it all evens out. there are too many people willing to complain about the way the events run. Just be thankful a track as sick as Illinbah even exists for us to race on.

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
i can understand why people are complaining about shuttles but there is no point like most things a large event it will take time. unless you can provide a better service dont complain. also people who are complaining about costs of races DONT nothing is free in this world and putting on an event like a dh race is not cheap. I would fork out decent amount of money if i could race on a propper shuttled dh track they dont come around that often in brisbane and the money is put to good use it isnt like organisations would make much profite. so be greatfull that it even happens

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6-9 runs per day means only 3 practice runs before race. kenilworth could do 4 runs per hour because they had more than the required number of suitably capable vehicles. from past races at illinbah that i have attended i found that the transport of bikes was good but the selection of hire buses was very poor in terms of capability to climb the mountain at a suitable pace and for the safety of the passgengers on the outdated and questionable roadworthy conditions of some buses.

Turn up for prac saturday, less people and all day practice.
+1
not to mention the extra shuttle scratches caused by over-zelous 4WDrs, so it all evens out. there are too many people willing to complain about the way the events run. Just be thankful a track as sick as Illinbah even exists for us to race on.
Have to agree with the amount of scratches on the bike after Kenilworth from the shuttles was dissapointing. At least at Illinbah you can limit the amount of scratches you get it you place the bike properly.