QR hub onto 20 ml forks?

patto94

Likes Dirt
Hey, just wondering if it is possible to get a conversion thing for a QR hub to 20ml forks.
As i know you can get a conversion kit for a 20ml hub to QR forks but i cant seem to find the answers any where about going from QR hub to 20ml forks.

Cheers guys.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Not going to happen because a 20mm to QR convertible hub is a 20mm Hub to begin with and the adaptor kit enables the step down in axle size.

And even then there are only a select few brands that make convertible hubs.

Short answer = No you can't go QR to 20mm without replacing your hub/wheel

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Without being ridiculously ghetto, I don't think it can be done...

If you wish to hear my ghetto plan, please let me know:p

patto94

Likes Dirt
Yes im prepared to hear it Tyler:p

But what i mean is that i know if you have a 20 ml hub you can get adapters for QR forks.
What i want to know is can i get an adapter for a QR hub to 20ml forks?

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, hers my plan:

beware, this is some intensely home job, Ghetto, Dangerous shit...

and if you choose to do the following, Tyler and co. cannot be held responsible if;

You are Injured, Maimed or killed in the riding or constructing of said hub.

Sell previously stated product, and the recipient is Injured, Maimed or killed in the riding or de-constructing of said hub

You are kidnapped by Midget Ninja Pirates and are taken to MidgetNinjaPiratesville and are Injured, Maimed, killed or violated...

ok,

now for the plan:

Take the hub off your wheel,

Find a bearing with the same internal diameter as a hub with a 20mm axle.

Find the outside diameter of said bearing(s)

Buy a drill bit the same diameter of above stated bearing.

Drill a big Fark off hole in your hub, Press bearing(s) into the hole.

Place in fork, and go shred!

For the good of the Nation, the world, and the entire Galaxy.

Do Not Do This!

Shredden

Knows his goats
Or you could just machine up 20 2cm long bits of metal with an O/D of 20mm and an I/D of 9mm and press them in and hold the brake on for proper alignment and bolt them up?

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or you could just machine up 20 2cm long bits of metal with an O/D of 20mm and an I/D of 9mm and press them in and hold the brake on for proper alignment and bolt them up?
nah,

it dosent involve midget ninja pirates...

therefore it could not work...

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
It really depends on the hub. Hope, DT swiss, DMR etc all have adapters for 20 and 9mm axles, its just depends what hub you have.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Yes im prepared to hear it Tyler:p

But what i mean is that i know if you have a 20 ml hub you can get adapters for QR forks.
What i want to know is can i get an adapter for a QR hub to 20ml forks?
You can do neither really. The exception is, as above, the few manufacturers that make a convertable hub. Since flange sizes, axels, axel designs and all that are all slightly different across brands, it's impossible to make 'aftermarket' and 'generic' kits for all 20mm hubs.

csd

Likes Dirt
If you're looking at a 20mm fork I'd be guessing your going to be doing stuff that a QR won't take, in which case I'd really recommend you don't dodge up your hub or axle to fit. Just get a new hub/wheel, even if it's a second hand one for the trader section - you should be able to pick up a cheapy 20mm one that will do the job (and save you the hassle).

Viv92

Eats Squid
What hub do you have?

Certain ones have conversion kits. (Hope, DaBomb, maybe some more).