I loved the 'World Cup' and 'Hobbit' tracks
IMG_1550.jpg

My bungy jump
BungeeCam02.jpg

Brook McDonald at the bottom of the gondola
20130214_114257.jpg

dunndog

Eats Squid
For anyone interested, Jetstar are having a sale on fares ATM, for example it's $179 each way direct Melbourne-Qtown. Unfortunately the household interest in this stops at me.. Oh well, next summer..

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
I went to Queenstown at the start of January this year. Rode and shot photos with Josh and Rowan, and a few other aussie riders. I'm the guy taking photos on the right hand side of the final step down in that video.

Some photos from my trip in this Pinkbike article here: Pinkbike Photo Epic: A Week in Queenstown

Best place in the southern hemisphere for sure, it was the best thing I've ever done!

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went to Queenstown at the start of January this year. Rode and shot photos with Josh and Rowan, and a few other aussie riders. I'm the guy taking photos on the right hand side of the final step down in that video.

Some photos from my trip in this Pinkbike article here: Pinkbike Photo Epic: A Week in Queenstown

Best place in the southern hemisphere for sure, it was the best thing I've ever done!
How good is remarkables ! Best track

Campy

Likes Bikes
We are heading to Christchurch on Sunday night, picking up a van and heading to Queenstown by Tuesday. Planning a ride on way down around Lake Tekapo and then Cragieburn on way back the next weekend. Just hope the weather holds out!!

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
Snowing pretty hard out in Queenstown today. I'm currently working on packages for next summer, gondola, shuttles and accommodation included. Also some more trail riding options which will have some awesome trails. Should be ready in the next week. Got some sweet rates for Oct/Nov to kick the summer off too! Will re post soon!

Jono, Queenstown Bike Taxis

dunndog

Eats Squid
Snowing pretty hard out in Queenstown today. I'm currently working on packages for next summer, gondola, shuttles and accommodation included. Also some more trail riding options which will have some awesome trails. Should be ready in the next week. Got some sweet rates for Oct/Nov to kick the summer off too! Will re post soon!

Jono, Queenstown Bike Taxis
Siiick! Only problem with that is now ill need to bring 2 bikes!

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if its been mentione but

has anyone done one of Rennie's lower 45 bike camps? im thinking about giving one a shot after seeing an interview with him and also hearing awesome things about queenstown

or longshot, a training camp with kovarik in whistler?

more or less just to get a guided tour and pick up some extra skills

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
Here we are folks: http://www.queenstownbiketaxis.co.nz...town-packages/ All fully flexible, so let me know what you like/don't like and we'll tweak it until it's perfect!

Together with Pinewood Lodge, QBT is offering 20% off for groups of 4 or more riders during October & November 2013. This applies to Pinewood accommodation packages only, must be booked and deposit paid by 26th July. Tell your mate and get in quick!

chonox

Likes Dirt
Here we are folks: http://www.queenstownbiketaxis.co.nz...town-packages/ All fully flexible, so let me know what you like/don't like and we'll tweak it until it's perfect!

Together with Pinewood Lodge, QBT is offering 20% off for groups of 4 or more riders during October & November 2013. This applies to Pinewood accommodation packages only, must be booked and deposit paid by 26th July. Tell your mate and get in quick!
Hey mate link didn't work but I think it's this one? http://www.queenstownbiketaxis.co.nz/queenstown-packages/

Last edited:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Im aiming for november for 2 weeksish as well at this point in time. Depends on the job Im on and if it finishes or I crack the shits at it

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
Im aiming for november for 2 weeksish as well at this point in time. Depends on the job Im on and if it finishes or I crack the shits at it
November is awesome, heaps of day light, tracks have all been touched up, not to busy (I should stop telling people this, I'll end up too busy to ride myself!)

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Jono

matt24

Likes Dirt
Sorry if this has been asked before but how many runs do you normally get in on a "3hr local shuttle sessions (Rude Rock, Zoot, Wynyard, Remarks)" and how much to extend that by an hour or so on the day if possible?

cheers

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
2014 NZ trip

Hi fellow 'burners. I read through bits of this thread. Some of the photo's look epic. I've checked out some footage on the Toob, mostly of DH trails around Queenstown. My mates and I are planning a trip to NZ in late 2014. We'll most likely be there for about 7 - 10 days. Plenty of time to do some planning but I'm keen to read about good/best places to ride eg - long AM trails 50km - 80km and DH; do we go North Island or South Island; places to stay; what kind of budget people had when they travelled and what that was able to buy. Cheers.