Quicksilver - Saturn 14ST

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Only had enough time/daylight to make a start yesterday afternoon… headset pressed, steerer cut, cranks in. Should get it finished by tomorrow evening hopefully!
Very nice !

As soon as a bike has bars and saddle, you must have tried it out for cockpit size, feet on the chainstays... how'd it feel ?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Very nice !

As soon as a bike has bars and saddle, you must have tried it out for cockpit size, feet on the chainstays... how'd it feel ?
Good! Bit shorter in the TT than I expected it to feel but that’s probably just the steeper STA. I went back to a medium in this but it’s 480mm reach vs 470 on the large Instinct. Went with a 35mm stem so can always push back up to 50mm if need be for seated position.

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks a lot like the warranty desk for Crank Bros during the Iodine era...
Lol. I was at a shop with my son the other day to buy him new MTB shoes. The sales 'kid' (he was probably late 20's so a kid to me!) had a boner for Crank Brothers shoes. I told him I didn't want them to spontaneously combust like all other CB products, he looked at me like I was mad. He didn't live through the dark times where no Iodine wheels survived a ride with a drop greater than 30mm or a rider who generated more than 8w of power.

/thread derailment.

I like the shock brace jigger on this, I did think of Wake Jake when I saw it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Lol. I was at a shop with my son the other day to buy him new MTB shoes. The sales 'kid' (he was probably late 20's so a kid to me!) had a boner for Crank Brothers shoes. I told him I didn't want them to spontaneously combust like all other CB products, he looked at me like I was mad. He didn't live through the dark times where no Iodine wheels survived a ride with a drop greater than 30mm or a rider who generated more than 8w of power.
I have been keeping an eye on new releases for shoes as my ME7s are slowly nearing the end of their life. Aesthetically the new CBs are pretty appealing but I just can't bring myself to... Thought about some Mallet pedals for this too but.. nah. :D

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
My current similar "derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" act is leaving pinch bolts on crank loose.
Literally just did this 5 min ago. Hopped on to make sure seat height was good to cut the dropper cable, spun the cranks (no chain), weird knocking. Fck did I kill the BB bearings somehow installing last night? Nope. Just didn't tighten the crank on the spindle hah.

Build almost there, just waiting on today's delivery of grips and dropper lever bar clamp, and some free time to duck out for an extra shift cable to get gearing set up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Aesthetically the new CBs are pretty appealing but I just can't bring myself to... Thought about some Mallet pedals for this too but.. nah. :D
Do it. I rate them as the best shoes I have ever owned. I even wear them instead of XC style shoes now.