[R]evolution Issue 5 - Out Now

tinto

Likes Dirt
I really enjoyed this edition. I give them 12 months before emap buys the whole magazine.

The typography and layout is nice - they have it under control and consistent unlike another Aus mtb mag... which i still bought to give it another chance... not again.

http://www.revolutionmtb.com.au/

The No Lycra approach appeals to my aesthetic sensibilities.

There was one comical typo, otherwise 'floorless' in my opinion (yes. that was the typo teehee)

Shane_ishga

Likes Dirt
tinto said:
I really enjoyed this edition. I give them 12 months before emap buys the whole magazine.

The typography and layout is nice - they have it under control and consistent unlike another Aus mtb mag... which i still bought to give it another chance... not again.

http://www.revolutionmtb.com.au/

The No Lycra approach appeals to my aesthetic sensibilities.

There was one comical typo, otherwise 'floorless' in my opinion (yes. that was the typo teehee)
ahh thanx for that link

Matt J

Likes Bikes
[R]evolution

HYOSHIMO said:
i second that- what really sucks is the picks of the dirt jumps he claims to have built.....whatever im not going to lose anysleep over it
The line he's talking about he did actually build!

Last edited:

Matt J

Likes Bikes
hasta muerta said:
wacka should practice what he preaches.

that article is a dirty slap in the face to every trail builder/rider in the mountains.
stop winging you big GIRL.

Last edited:

JasO

Likes Dirt
Wasn't there supposed to be a write up about the blk mrkt mob? I remember reading somewhere that there was going to be a write up...I still brought the mag but I was a little upset :( I guess it's not too bad apart from that.

hasta muerta

Likes Dirt
Matt J said:
Shut up, stop winging you big GIRL.
does it suck when chicks bash you up?

your just cut because you don't get free hasta muerta tee's.

go and buy them from your favourite LBS, lifecycles.

edit: every trail builder except johno.

LZYBOY

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I read the road trip article and the first story about the Min Min lights freaked me out! In my defence, I was reading it late at night just before going to bed! I know that if I saw a weird blue light following me for kilometres in a remote stretch of Aussie outback i would have totally flipped out! So, I did a search on the ever reliable google and found this. Its a fairly good scientific explaination of this "phenomnon".

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/index.html?article=4265

Ryan

Radministrator
I've seen that link. It satisfactorily describes what some people have seen, but to me at least, it doesn't satisfactorily describe what we saw. This thing didn't just appear and follow us, it approached us over a long distance, followed us and interacted with us, flew up and down the sides of the van, changed altitude and produced a light source of it's own that physically lit up the van inside and out. I'm glad reading about it scared you though, it was without a doubt one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me.

Last edited:

rollie87

Likes Dirt
man, if only we hadnt been soo in shock and we coulda taken some photos of what we looked like when we puleld into the truck stop......... white and speechess, was the weirdest thing i have ever experienced, all 4 of us i dont think will EVER forget that night!, lol. or the whole trip for that matter :p

hasta muerta

Likes Dirt
Matt J said:
hahahahahahahaha i'll give your fully sick hasta shirts a miss hahahahaha! The day i see lifecycles selling your shirts will be the day i quit riding and the world blows up. you big GIRL

well, then you should of quit about 2 or 3 weeks ago. dick

whats with the fucking dissing man.???

hasta muerta

Likes Dirt
not that you'd notice if it did- that'd require being somewhere other then the single skatepark you frequently do 2 things at.. or

location removed.. sorry tom

everyone should go check that place out- he doesn't care how shit you are, he likes fixing cased out jumps.

Last edited:

Matt J

Likes Bikes
[R]evolution

sorry budy but my mates and i only aloud to ride at my jumps, you piece of shit, those case marks come from shit cunts like you!

JasO

Likes Dirt
Matt J said:
Shut up, stop winging you big GIRL.
hasta muerta said:
well, then you should of quit about 2 or 3 weeks ago. dick
whats with the fucking dissing man.???
Matt J said:
sorry budy but my mates and i only aloud to ride at my jumps, you piece of shit, those case marks come from shit cunts like you!
Well im not the farkin swearing police, but someone has to ask what the go is with this sort of language. Personally I don't think it should be allowed, but thats just me, maybe a good talking to from the admins for both users would do them some good?

there are more quotes, but those were my favorites.

Rik

logged out
Mate, the supposed bad language isn't that bad at all... there isn't a huge amount of it, and noone would've really cared about it until you decided to highlight certain words with bolding and large text. Whilst I/we don't really condone swearing to communicate opinion, unless it's excessive in vulgarity or usage, it isn't too big a deal.