[R]evolution Issue 8 - Out Now

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got mine today, good mag. Moto ramp is bbbiiiiiiiiggggg.

Haha, it's funny looking at the pics of Aussies downhilling in mags, 70 - 80% of them are riding with 5-10's.

budda

Squid
I got it about a week ago. Great read. Some proofreading would have been nice. BikeCulture in Menai has it for all you shire people.

MrPlow

TMBC
I have been reading bits hear and there for about a week now.
What I want to know is how much $$$ did FTR pay Ryan to write the supposed Queensland article?? Talk about SPAM!

blomtrog

Likes Dirt
agreed, there are many spelling and grammar errors throughout the magazine, but it doesn't take away from the fantastic content.
props to wacka, nice flip attempt:D

bprider

Squid
yeah i think in just about evry article u gotta guess what they really ment because they put the wrong words in. Come on u think for a mag that puts out a mag every 4 months and is half the size of most monthly mags they would be able to proof read the thing.I have to say that the only thing good in that mag is the stickers, and the wallride how to too much dh for my liking

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
yeah i think in just about evry article u gotta guess what they really ment because they put the wrong words in. Come on u think for a mag that puts out a mag every 4 months and is half the size of most monthly mags they would be able to proof read the thing.I have to say that the only thing good in that mag is the stickers, and the wallride how to too much dh for my liking
Oh the hypocrisy...

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Bought mine about a week ago and lurrve the article on will gower (Low Profile) but i have had it taken off me:( ...well actually i let Joey Klein borrow it, some of you track builders might know him;) also if any of you have seen Kranked 6 - Progression, remember the section of Kirt Verois?? Joey built the tracks he was riding on;)

Ryan

Radministrator
I have been reading bits hear and there for about a week now.
What I want to know is how much $$$ did FTR pay Ryan to write the supposed Queensland article?? Talk about SPAM!
Hah, they only get spam because they are 'teh awesome' (as we at [R] would almost certainly put it), if they ever actually try and bribe me, the spicy ham will stop post-haste as my opinion is not for sale.

Yes. Spelling/grammar/typos this issue are atrocious, possibly the worst issue yet in that regard. Rest assured that I abuse JT about this problem every single issue, as I for one DO think that it detracts from what is otherwise awesome content.

Last edited:

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you cant find it and your in melbourne they always have it at melbourne central newsagents on swanston

S.

ex offender
Hah, they only get spam because they are 'teh awesome' (as we at [R] would almost certainly put it), if they ever actually try and bribe me, the spicy ham will stop post-haste as my opinion is not for sale.

Yes. Spelling/grammar/typos this issue are atrocious, possibly the worst issue yet in that regard. Rest assured that I abuse JT about this problem every single issue, as I for one DO think that it detracts from what is otherwise awesome content.
Without brown-nosing too much here, you should be the editor. Whoever edits and proof reads that magazine has gotta be either blind, illiterate or just fucking lazy (although I haven't managed to find any typos or major fuckups in your articles so far).

And yeah the content is generally good except the bike reviews, which suck monkey nuts (probably not the fault of the actual testers so much as whoever came up with the initial space constraints and the retarded pseudo-template the reviews have) and should be either improved or omitted. Writing half a page about a bike is poor enough on its own, but when half that shit is going on about the heritage of the bike and the specs and fucking everything BUT how it rides, that's absolutely piss poor.

Bodin

GMBC
Yeah, the proof-reading on this mag is clearly handled by a stoned chimpanzee, but it's a very good read regardless, so I won't harp on about it.

And yeah the content is generally good except the bike reviews
...furthermore, something that sh!ts me about ALL bike mag tests is the difference between the spec listed and the spec in the pictures. For instance, you can clearly see a set of RaceFace cranks on the Cove Shocker, but the "SPEC'S" (when the f*** are these guys going to learn that plurals don't need an apostrophe?!?!?) list the cranks as Truvative.

I had an argument about this once with someone who said that it's because they sometimes get a test bike with "US spec" or "Euro Spec" or whatever, but end up listing the specs as they might be delivered to the Aussie market, which can be different. If so, I think this should be made clear in the test.

Ranting aside, though, it's a great mag and makes me wanna ride more, pin turns faster and take better lines, which is exactly what a good mag should do. Cheers.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
half way through the mag and already count 4 times when 'too' is spelt 'to'
Ignoring typo's a great issue
Love the blow by blow account of sam and tracy's worlds runs

Ryan

Radministrator
Yeah, the proof-reading on this mag is clearly handled by a stoned chimpanzee, but it's a very good read regardless, so I won't harp on about it.

...furthermore, something that sh!ts me about ALL bike mag tests is the difference between the spec listed and the spec in the pictures. For instance, you can clearly see a set of RaceFace cranks on the Cove Shocker, but the "SPEC'S" (when the f*** are these guys going to learn that plurals don't need an apostrophe?!?!?) list the cranks as Truvative.
Just quietly, "Specs" is technically a conjunction/shortening of "Specifications" and not a plural of "Spec" (which isn't actually a word) so in that case, the apostrophe is acceptable. There are many more instances where it clearly is not.

Bodin

GMBC
Just quietly, "Specs" is technically a conjunction/shortening of "Specifications" and not a plural of "Spec" (which isn't actually a word) so in that case, the apostrophe is acceptable. There are many more instances where it clearly is not.
Yep. Got me on that one. Sorry. :eek:

DW-1

Dirt Works
list the cranks as Truvative.
<insert pet hate>
DW sold Truvativ for 8 years. In that time... you know what pissed me off the most...?

People that added an "e" to the end of the word.

<end pet hate>

:D don't stress Bodin... I'm having fun with ya....:p

Elvis.

Last edited: