R.I.P. Ed Bonnin

Drew.

Eats Squid
R.I.P Ed.
I'm so shocked and bummed to hear this.:( My thoughts go out to all his friends and family. Respect to a dude who lived life to the max!

sam705

Likes Dirt
Such a loss. I picked up the new Revo today and saw pics of him shredding in the Blk Mrkt advertisement and straight up thought hes got talent and hes gonna go far.
Now i read this.

Rest in peace mate.
<3

floody

Wheel size expert
For a long time Ed was like a younger brother to me, then I guess he went on to bigger and better things and sadly I mostly lost touch with him over the last couple of years as he blew up on the scene.
Ed had an amazing drive and seemingly infinite ability, if not always the strongest focus. But on any day when it all came together, amazing things happened. I've said it elsewhere but we'd seen barely the tip of the iceberg.
He was a complex and at times difficult character, and capable of some serious fronting, but those who got close to him will know he was a true gentleman at heart, and vulnerable like the rest of us.

I will miss him,
R.I.P. my old friend.

My heart goes out to Ed's mum and family at this time, I hope all his friends will rally around and give them the support they need.

Last edited:

Jervis

Likes Dirt
I contacted Carter Holland at BlkMrkt. Ed talked about his time with carter on his overseas trips so it seemed fit that Carter should be notified considering they were friends and Ed sponsored by Blk Mrkt.

Carter has kindly put up a tribute on the Blk Mrkt blog.

http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
I've stuck it up on our frontpage as well. Only met Ed a couple of times, a good kid and one hell of a rider. Sad to see him go. :(

Heggo92

Likes Dirt
edward wouldnt of wanted us sitting around as he never did, so today, get out to your local trails/park, and shred that place for the memory of one of the best.
ill miss you ed, i still have your tools. i will forever treat them with respect.

stevenw

Pro Rider
This is a shock!
My heart goes out to Ed's family.
I will miss our chats at National races.
RIP Ed

Rhys

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Never good to see a young guy fall.

Go like the wind through the sky Ed.

Live it while you can people.

hobo tobo

Likes Bikes
Ed was inspiration to everyone to be their best. Whenever he'd turn up to ec in his Vito for 10 or 15 minutes and have a ride, everyone would think, "i want to be like him."
He was easily the best in tassie and one of the tops in Aus, and it didnt get to his head. I remember talking to him in the lbs when I was just starting out, and he still talked to me with the respect anyone deserves, even though i was so much younger than himself.

I guess we won't be seeing his big white van anymore, rest in peace ed, you'll be missed dearly.

Ozza

Eats Squid
I never got the privilidge of meeting Ed!
But he was the type of rider who would catch your eye in photos featured in magazines busting out some really cool stuff with amazing style.... RIP

boysik

Pro Rider
Goodbye

RIP Ed.

What a character and true inspiration to all. Absolute legend.

We didnt catch up often, but it still stings to hear the shocking news.

My heart felt condolences to your family.