Racing in Albury

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Had a call from the sponsors yesterday... JettBlack have seriously up'd their commitment to our race :eek:. So now between JettBlack, Maxxis and the Superstore Albury we should have enough goodies so that pretty-much *everyone* goes home with at least something. How cool is that? :D

(Good to see the entries coming in nice and early this time -- keep 'em coming)

Riedy

Likes Dirt
With sending the cheque which is $45+$15 for racing and a day licence, can i send the $15 as well for the day licence and get the licence on the day? or do i have to buy a day licence on the day at rego?

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
With sending the cheque which is $45+$15 for racing and a day licence, can i send the $15 as well for the day licence and get the licence on the day? or do i have to buy a day licence on the day at rego?
hey, i dunno but i just chucked in a $60 bucks and circled day licence so that should be right. then just tell them on the day that you paid for one.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
hey, i dunno but i just chucked in a $60 bucks and circled day licence so that should be right. then just tell them on the day that you paid for one.
Sorry guys... been away for the weekend. Just send the $45 race entry. It's actually easier to handle if we fix up the day licenses on the day (but don't sweat it damienmccormack if you've paid the $60... I'll make a note that you've paid for your day-license too, but you'll still need to fill out the actual day-license at rego).

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
Sorry guys... been away for the weekend. Just send the $45 race entry. It's actually easier to handle if we fix up the day licenses on the day (but don't sweat it damienmccormack if you've paid the $60... I'll make a note that you've paid for your day-license too, but you'll still need to fill out the actual day-license at rego).
ohh thanks heeps man :) . sorry about sending $60 i should of confurmed it with someone.

big geoff

Likes Dirt
hey Mark looking forward to the race and it looks like we will have most of the Warby gang there. Hope you had fun a youies mate.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
hey Mark looking forward to the race and it looks like we will have most of the Warby gang there. Hope you had fun a youies mate.
I had an absolute ball at Youies... met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the whole weekend. Looking forward to having the crew up here and hosting you guys to a very fun day!

aceyone

Likes Dirt
The Bicycle Superstore Albury Downhill for Nov 1st (next Sunday) is FULL.

With a capacity field, we had to close entries this morning, so if you haven't entered then unfortunately you've missed out. :(

But we're still desperately chasing volunteers to help us out... we really need marshals, a few more to help out with timing, another car to pull a trailer (for even half the day would be appreciated) and drivers. So if you're coming over and you or your dad/mum/mate/brother/sister/family dog is able to lend a hand even for a few hours, I'd really appreciate the help.

It's shaping up as another sensational race... with a strong field and some seriously good riders ;), it's sure to be a great day of riding and of spectating.

Please let me know if you're able to help.

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
I got the call last night to say that I'd missed out... my (postal) entry was received after it was already full apparently. I'm seriously bummed about that.

The suggestion was that I show up anyway in the hope of a cancellation or no-show... I'm considering this - what are the chances? Or is this a total longshot?

aceyone

Likes Dirt
I got the call last night to say that I'd missed out... my (postal) entry was received after it was already full apparently. I'm seriously bummed about that.

The suggestion was that I show up anyway in the hope of a cancellation or no-show... I'm considering this - what are the chances? Or is this a total longshot?
You never know... we sometimes have a rider or two pull out at the last minute.

Apologies to everyone who missed out. We even ended up taking 10 riders over what we'd planned and *still* booked out a week ahead of the race :eek: (So I spent most of yesterday chasing down another last-minute mini-bus to cover it... luckily our good friends at Avis were able to help us out :D).

It's gonna be a very :Dfun:D day!

aceyone

Likes Dirt
(Thanks Rufnut)

Ummm... yeah -- I didn't think about that when I pulled the rego forms after we closed entries. I've had a bunch of calls today to ask the same thing. Sorry guys. Very-:eek:.

I'm kinda late, but the day should run something like this:
Rego from 9am
Racers' brief at 9:45am
Practice from 10-2 (Last shuttle at 1:30)
Racing from 3 (Race shuttles leaving 2:30)

juzz

Likes Dirt
Once again thanks for another fantastic Nailcan Hill race. Thanks to all the volunteers and a Big thanks to the Maxis people for the new grips after my crash, thank you all

globe_69

Likes Bikes
yea cheers all for the help for race day came from wagga and had a blast!

got owned and am now out of pocket for a new chain guide lol it happens

thanx alls

cluster

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks to all involved in the running of the race, it was an awesome day (apart from the heat:rolleyes:)

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
Great day guys, really enjoyed the racing. I'm a bit sore and sorry but it will heal...

Looking forward to Yack!

Thanks to all involved in putting on this terrific event.