'Racist' KFC cricket ad causes uproar in US

Ryan

Radministrator
This manufactured outrage is stupid on a mind boggling number of levels, not least of which is the fact that the ad isn't even about African Americans.

scblack

Leucocholic
Maybe we need to show them the video footage of an American woman trashing a McDonalds (currently on SMH.com.au), about a burger, or the woman who called 911 because she couldn't get a burger somewhere.

'Ross

Eats Squid
I love how the Americans on the news who claimed they were offended by this.....were actually white. Then in the next ad break the ad was still on air hahaa

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.news.com.au/world/kfc-au...d-after-us-anger/story-e6frfkyi-1225816969895

I should have posted the news link.

Who knows what time it takes between an announcement and the ad actually getting pulled.
I work in Advertising.
You can pull ads pretty much instantly, but you'll pay for it (monetary), so I'd hazard a guess it's going to run to a designated point in the booking - probably the end of the day, as the press releases came out this morning.

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
Also Australia never had a Klu Klux Klan.
You may want to investigate that a bit further.

I believe we had a branch in North Queensland somewhere, Townsville maybe??

Anyway, back to the ad, I believe it was made by people so stupid they didn't actually mean to be racist.

Last edited:

dh_midget

Squid
well once again the net has provided the discloser needed for the us to blame us for all the racism. does it suggest that maybe the us are just using it to cover up the fact that they are known as the racist nation. i think the yanks are doing the worlds head in. they blame it on us for almost everything. so anyone up for a preemtive strike?:confused:

dunndog

Eats Squid
What about the other ad in the series with the english scalper out the front and our hero gets the tix off him pretending to be a cop blah blah.. Why aren't the poms up in arms for being stereotyped as the poor scalping backpacker? Oh wait, they're not black. Or American. So they are able to have a laugh at themselves and understand humour. It's a disgrace that this ad has been pulled off tv.

FLE

Likes Dirt
i dont think (i havent checked any of the other pages) but KFC was the west indies sponser for christ sake! how is that even being rascit to amareicans?

INRI

Likes Dirt
Storm Front is also alive and well in Australia, there's even a fairly big chapter in Newcastle.
The australian forum on Stormfront is pretty ridiculous. so much infighting. Main groups to watch out for are Blood and Honour, who play the overtly racist, skinhead card, the Australian Protectionist Party, The nationionalist alternative and the National Anarchists who all try to disguise their views as simple patriotism and self preservation. Can see many kids being lured into both of those quite easily, keep your guard up
Americains are so dumb...they accuse AUSTRALIANS of being racist...pf...says them!?
At the moment I'd be quite happy to say that a fair bit of Australia is as racist, or more than the states. They just don't wear their beliefs as publicly.

Matt H

Eats Squid
pls explain, i think you may be talkin rubbish
It's true. I know so many bogans both young an old that will gladly share their views about aboriginals, asians, etc.
Apart from the stereotypical deep south of america, I really can't imagine it happening just as much on the scale that it does here.

Just think of those texts sent around after Rudd's apology with all that "sorry for providing you with housing etc." bullshit. Australia is a very racist country.

ozten

Banned
it cant be racist if its true, and it is true that asians cant drive and aboriginals are a waste of space