ramp attak will not let mountain bikers in

master@dh

Likes Dirt
hello to all the mountain bike riders out there.

If your a street rider or ride the skate park then uve probably heard about ramp attak. if not this is a brand new indoor skate park in north brisbane. he place looks awesome, foam pit, resi ramps, and most of it is made out of wood.

there is one problem. they dont want mountain bikers in there. they say that our bikes are too big and that we will wreck the ramps. i do not understand this. they let scooter riders in and those little shits always wreck the ramps. mtbs arnt even that much bigger them bmx's either.

if anyone is wanting to ride this joint please go onto there facebook page http://www.facebook.com/rampattak?ref=ts and try to show them that there are heaps of mountain bikers that want to ride this place.

peace out....

chrisfindlay

Likes Dirt
Also post any reasons we should have a right to ride there.

Sam and i will show them this thread, this is extremely unfair, we have just as much right to ride there as skaters, bmx riders and scooter riders.

Last edited:

STP RIDER123

Likes Dirt
yer i dont see why they wont let mtbs in, its the same shit as a bmx and the fact that they let homosexual scooter kids in is just retarded!

doug89

Squid
Can I just point out that labelling scooter riders as you have been in this thread will do nothing to show Ramp Attak that MTBers are the crowd they want at their park.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Make sure to mention to he owner if mtbs are to big and will wreck the ramps he'd probably better place a weight limit on riders there, heavy riders will wreck the place faster than larger diameter wheels and a longer wheelbase

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
yer i dont see why they wont let mtbs in, its the same shit as a bmx and the fact that they let homosexual scooter kids in is just retarded!
Best not using these words here.

Can I just point out that labelling scooter riders as you have been in this thread will do nothing to show Ramp Attak that MTBers are the crowd they want at their park.
This is absolutely true, you need to show them that riding a mtb is not going to affect the ramps etc. I'd suggest talking about how the newer street, park and trail mtbs are designed to be more compact and more like a bmx bike. A bmx bike is just as likely do ruin a ramp.

Try talking to them, if someone is running a business they aren't really going to turn down money. But that is affected by their personal choice, if you talk to him and start a petetion, give decent reasons or what ever you do, it is his decision to say no. It may also come down to time allocation with when you will be allowed in there, if there is some hate between the two (shame there are bmxers out there like this) the owner won't want disputes and fights.

I'd like to see mountain bikers in there, mainly for the progression of the sport. As well as I have mates i love to ride with who ride mountain bikes.

My two cents.

mitchy_poo

Likes Dirt
Im shocked, i was keen to go there with a couple of mates, but after reading this doubt id get a sneak peak in there, my mate went in not so long ago and said its amazing to ride(rides bmx) and its set up awesomely.

It just makes me want to go even more because of the description and little video he showed me . so i hope for all mighty for mtber's to be able to ride in their, i was also thinking of getting a bmx just to fool around on and it might be a good idea maybe just to get in to the park. but goodluck hope it all works out. :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If you owned and maintained a set of jumps or a cool ramp set up would you want scooters and skaters using it? Judging by what you guys have said in this thread.............I doubt you would.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I wonder what constitutes a mtb? Like any wheel diameter over 20"?

If i rock up on a 24" rigid mtb, would he knock me back? It is essentially a bmx (cruiser)...

If he lets that in, whats the difference of putting 80mm forks on the front instead of rigids?

If he is saying it will wreck the ramps, i believe they'd be much much safer than riders with pegs on their bmx's which Rampfest has had many troubles with and was even contemplating baning pegs as that was they main contributor to broken ply boards. That, and metal bar ends when guys bailed their bmx's over larger gaps..

In my eyes, even after watching the video of Ramp Attack where he is talking about the whole setup, it seems like he has a stereotypical view in his mind of dh bikes and guys with 20kg+ bikes..

The people wishing to use Ramp Attack on larger than 20" wheels will be majority of the time be 24" park riders with rigid or 80mm forks and bikes that wiegh around 11kg with NO PEGS.

If size is an issue too, the hieght of park mtb's are the same as bmx's, well at least mine is, and the wheel base is only about 4 - 6" longer.. Seems a bit rediculous if you ask me, especially when you are turing away potential income for you're business..

I would even go a far as saying there would be a little bit of hate or tension between the owner and mtb....

We went through the same thing with Rampfest, but then Brett opened his eyes to the financial benifit of opening his doors, and now he couldn't care less. He even has mtbers working there now.

master@dh

Likes Dirt
thanks patto, im gonna call them and ask if street bikes are allowed in

coz i think that the owner thinks im talking about dh bikes not our little street bikes.

DJ Dude

Likes Dirt
Lucky i had look on here i am going on thursday nite, i'll have to take the bmx for now i'm sure they will open there eyes or at least understand that we would not do anymore damage to a ramp than a scooter or bmx with pegs on, and missing out on memberships and cash :confused:

chrisfindlay

Likes Dirt
awesome post mate thanks for the input

I wonder what constitutes a mtb? Like any wheel diameter over 20"?

If i rock up on a 24" rigid mtb, would he knock me back? It is essentially a bmx (cruiser)...

If he lets that in, whats the difference of putting 80mm forks on the front instead of rigids?

If he is saying it will wreck the ramps, i believe they'd be much much safer than riders with pegs on their bmx's which Rampfest has had many troubles with and was even contemplating baning pegs as that was they main contributor to broken ply boards. That, and metal bar ends when guys bailed their bmx's over larger gaps..

In my eyes, even after watching the video of Ramp Attack where he is talking about the whole setup, it seems like he has a stereotypical view in his mind of dh bikes and guys with 20kg+ bikes..

The people wishing to use Ramp Attack on larger than 20" wheels will be majority of the time be 24" park riders with rigid or 80mm forks and bikes that wiegh around 11kg with NO PEGS.

If size is an issue too, the hieght of park mtb's are the same as bmx's, well at least mine is, and the wheel base is only about 4 - 6" longer.. Seems a bit rediculous if you ask me, especially when you are turing away potential income for you're business..

I would even go a far as saying there would be a little bit of hate or tension between the owner and mtb....

We went through the same thing with Rampfest, but then Brett opened his eyes to the financial benifit of opening his doors, and now he couldn't care less. He even has mtbers working there now.

hope this works

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder what constitutes a mtb?...
If he is saying it will wreck the ramps, i believe they'd be much much safer than riders with pegs on their bmx's which Rampfest has had many troubles with..
Too true. The only times I have seen damage to the place, it has been bmx pegs through the box jump, or the walls around the bowl part. In theory, bigger wheels spread impact over a larger area, doing less damage to their ramps.

I have had a bit of trouble with BMX riders every time I have been to Rampfest though. Some bmx riders just seem to have a prejudice against anyone with full sized wheels.

party76

Likes Dirt
i will just take my bmx! problem solvered!:cool:

where on the northside is it? so gotta go!

whats the damage on the wallet?

so excited have been waiting for this!

key word here people! , FOAMPIT!

Last edited:

NEEDCASH!

Likes Dirt
That's so stupid.

On their facebook page they say the bri flips on scooters will be banned because the wood isn't strong enough.

Rubber tyres do way less damage then hard little wheels...

Dr.u

Squid
I think the owner of ramp attak's attitude towards mtb's is only through lack of knowledge of street/park riders. I rollerblade (for longer than I have been riding mtb's) and found out about ramp attak through other friends who roll and sk8ed there befor it was finished (a few may have even helped build there).
The owner seems cool and I'm sure that once he becomes aware of what 24/26' bikes are about the park will be open for all, even if it is only at certin times.
Next time I back in town I plan to go there for a roll and the first thing I do when I get there is meet the owner and voices my oppinion on the mtb sich even thow I don't plan to ride there myself if he allows mtb's in there(maybe the foam pit, it looks like a sh*t load of fun) I think that the people who ride park should be able to as this will provide somewhere for them to progress and help progress mtbing in aus.
Show that you can support them and create a better enviroment for all, critasizing others(skooters,skaters,bmxers) will not help, just show them that mtbers should be in there just as much as anyone else.
Dru
(sorry for any spelling mistakes/excessive rambling, I'm in Roma for work not able to ride or roll and I'm sitting after a few beers lookin at all the things I could be doing if i was in briz)
its at 393 Bilsen Road, Geebung for those who don't know near the train station
or check www.rampattak.com.au

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pressure = force/area...

Even physics wants the mtb'ers to enjoy the park.

Hmmmm... I live around 5 mins from Geebung, should invest in a bmx...

Last edited:

party76

Likes Dirt
im going asap and membership is a must! simply stunning! cant wait, and im on holidays right now. what a bonus! :D