Rave.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there've been a few rave-related threads in the past, but none just about love for the scene, the music and the people.

Been to something mind-blowing lately?

Something coming up (hehe) that people should know about?

Want to rant about how shit lads are, and how the rave scene was better 2/5/10 years ago?

Post it here!

Last experience was Unity 08. To be honest I was a little disappointed. Coming from small, intimate, relatively lad and police-free raves here in Canberra, it was a little intense seeing lads upon lads upon lads, and my friend being pulled out of line and searched and questioned because his bag smelt like weed.

I expected it to be massive. Sure, it was big compared to Canberra's venues and crowds, but hardly the tens of thousands of people I was expecting. It was a fantastic night, sure but I'll take my tiny rave scene where I know most, if not all people at a rave over an over-hyped, under-attended dance party.

*NOTE*
If anyone posts un-justified hate towards shuffling, drugs, the music or the scene in this thread, I'll personally report the offending post, and make sure my like-minded friends do so too.

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never really been to a rave at all, but I am going to see the Prodigy at the Gold Coast Big Day Out next year. Also considering going to the sideshow. I'm not really into rave or dance music but have loved the Prodigy's music for years.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I used to go flat out in about 2000-2002 ish.

Then I cut it back to Eath Core, various bush doofs and one off gigs.

Now I just hit up Rainbow Serpent anually.

The rave scene is a funny one, it seems when people get into it, they go hard as fuck for a couple of years, then realise its not actually all it cracked up to be - generally because 99% of the good times were had while under the influence.

Many people say "oh the rave scene will never be as good as it was back in 1750", but I think all that changes is the mindset of that person. As in, they had a great time for a couple of years, stopped having such a great time and blamed on the scene "changing". Music is always evolving, if was stagnent it would suck.

Hmm, 2am rambling.

kavoosh

Likes Bikes
Hmm, 2am rambling.
Being so young I have no fucking idea what you just said.

But, it being 2am and under the influence I assume it went along the lines of the older you get the shitter it gets, so enjoy the scene while we can?

kavoosh

Likes Bikes
Sure why not!:D
2000-2002, gee that sounds fun.

The longer ago raves were the better people talk of them.

Showtek - Fuck the system (brooklyn bounce remix)
Showtek - I'm a raver (brooklyn bounce remix)
Showtek - No harder (brooklyn bounce remix)

Best set at 3am.
Under the lazers.
Safe as fuck.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've only just met you man, but I think I love you.

What's your name. What've you had. Reach for the lasers. Safe as fuck.

If you haven't, go watch Human Traffic!

DunCon

Likes Dirt
i will just stick to my local parties we have here they are pritty good about 300 to 500 people of wich you no most of em they die down around 2 am but hey you are usaly drunk by then anyway

only bad thing is they get realy violent towords the end (once music stops) i have seen my far share of bad fights and also been involved in some (not by choice)

edit: there is also that new years eve rave called sensations in melbourne anyone thinking of going to that ?

Pete J

loves his dog
Please don't encourage the shufflers Cedel, they'll only start posting youtube videos of themselves in action (in their bedroom) ... :p

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please don't encourage the shufflers Cedel, they'll only start posting youtube videos of themselves in action (in their bedroom) ... :p
I was hoping that there wouldn't be any of them here. (the bedroom sock shufflers that can only do the running man) :)

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Smacks, Ill prob hit up PHD with you for a good old time.

Im prettty new to the whole rave thing ( only been to one so far) but heres MY opinion on the whole thing. The music isnt as good anymore, some hardstyle is ok (Blutonium) but alot of its shit. I love the old school trance type stuff. But anything with a bit of a melody is good at a rave. Having said this, on the night you always enjoy the music anyway. Why are raves better than a big party with friends and music? its a completly different world to real life. you go dress how ever the fark you like, dance how you like and no one gives a shit if you look like a retard, you will know people there which is great, but most of the people you dont know which is even better. That is just my opnion though.

And im going to the melbs big day out to see the prodigy too, to who ever brought that up, its going to be insane.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a tip, Master Lank. Live hardstyle shits all over hardstyle on track. I don't know what it is, whether it's just better when it's louder, or something else, but it's amazing live, and just good on track.

PHD's going to be nuts. I'm bringing a bunch of first time ravers, as well as some seasoned hands from Sydney, so there'll be much love.

I can shuffle, but I've never watched myself so I've not got a clue if I'm any good.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*NOTE*
If anyone posts un-justified hate towards drugs in this thread, I'll personally report the offending post, and make sure my like-minded friends do so too.
is this to stop people from flaming others who post about drugs or are drugs now acceptable to openly talk about?? just seems a bit odd to me.

i <3 raves, music, poeple, dancing and the likes so dont report me!;)

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought I knew what a rave was but now I'm a little confused. Does a bush doof fall under the rave category?