Rave.

kavoosh

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know of any all ages or 16+ raves in Sydney or Canberra coming up over the holidays or next term?

:)

Itching to be under the lazers.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Well im not the best person to ask realy.

But for some hardstyle check out Blutonium Boy or Showtek (they are all I know:confused:)
for trance DJ Tiesto is really good or for some real old school stuff Underworld or Faithless.

But after about 20 years, there is alot of variation in 'rave music'. Theres so much different stuff to check out. Nowdays hardstyle is the shit at raves along with some hardcore and trance.

But im sure you will get lots of good suggestions.

Maurice.

Banned
On entry it was, I saw quite a few people get rejected because they looked like lads. I guess there must've been somewhere to sneak in, there were heaps later on in the night. The cops were arresting and kicking out anyone who was starting shit, though.

are the lads those guys who steal your shoes in kings cross?

kavoosh

Likes Bikes
are the lads those guys who steal your shoes in kings cross?
Yes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure a few people must have heard the news about the 30 odd ravers that were taken to hospital at X-Qlusive in Melbourne on Saturday night. A few friends went, lucky bastards, but they came back baring terrible stories.

12 young ravers overdosed and 17 others made their own way to medical help. :( Story goes there was a bad batch of 'GHB' going around and it obviously fucked lots of people up.

'GHB' or 'liquid ecstasy', also known as [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate, [/FONT]comes in very small bottles and is a clear, odorless liquid. It is insanely easy to overdose on as you only need the smallest amount of it for it to take proper effect. Doses range from 0.5mL to 3.0mL and because of the size of the amount, its very easy to take a drop too much and BAM you're on the floor.

Luckily no-one died this time, but I'm sure some peoples lives have been changed forever.

On another note, Godspeed dates were announced along with tickets the other day, who's planning on going? I'll be there with bells on, literally. :)

Details are available at: Power House Productions

Tickets are available from:
Ticketek
Or
Moshtix

Hope to see some farkers there! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On yet another note:

PHD is coming up on the 27th. NOTE: FOR CANBERRA RAVERS ONLY.

Be there or be squareeeeee!!!!!

Details available at: Lighter Massive

Last edited:

kavoosh

Likes Bikes
Prefer the hard dance, hard trance, tech dance scene more than hard style, but I’ll make an exception for Showtek.
Here’s the X-Qlusive promo disc they’ve been giving away at numerous events: Right Click and Save…
Track 1 – We Live for the Music
Track 2 – FTS
Track 3 – Born 4 Thiz
Track 4 – Colours of the Harder Styles
OMG legend! :)

Man Squid it was sooo good last time. Brooklyn Bounces set of FTS (Fuck The System), No harder and I'm a raver all in a row while peaking. :D

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Friggen ravers. haha CAN NOT WAIT for godspeed... well kinda, boring line up. Yay for getting cheaper tickets!

Currie

Squid
I've only just met you man, but I think I love you.

What's your name. What've you had. Reach for the lasers. Safe as fuck.

If you haven't, go watch Human Traffic!
nice one brother!!

went to a series of different parties on saturday afternoon/ night.

all started on a boat about midday on saturday at docklands, snap crackle event, awesome! went onto parties on rooftops, bars, nightclubs, the lot, not had a day like that for years!

projectsplat

The film guy
Line up isn't anything special. Sure the DJ's are good, but you can catch 90% of them at Impulse or Subbies on any given week. Personally I'm waiting for Trance Energy.
http://www.inthemix.com.au/videos/40613/Trance_Energy_2008
Bloody hell. watching that clip I started to feel 18 again......

Best-rave-ever for me was one in Brisbane called Mass Volume. I think it was NYE circa '95-'96. Absolutely out of control. Foam pit, jumping castles, the works. DJ's on the back of a semi-trailer in a car park...

These days, I would prefer to spin up the decks in my office with some chunky breaks and a nice bottle of scotch - dance like no one is watching!

gerg

Likes Bikes
oh back in the day.....

I used to go to a few, Happy Valley about 2000, I also went to the Earthcore 10 year anniversary, was fantastic "infected mushroom" were incredible as was Tyoshi Suzuki (spelling) and Simon Ponsford/sphongle..

There used to be some warehouse type of parties in Canberra, miles of smiles and a few others I went to in Civic... some of the older parties were pretty cool as well, stonefest from a few years back and Satellite parties.. I danced on stage with Sonic Animation at Homebake a few years ago... I went to an Indoor rock climbing party a year or two back and did a bit of fire twirling, I didn't really like the music though - too hard and boring, at least with the bigger festivals/raves if you don't like something you go to another stage...

projectsplat

The film guy
Prefer the hard dance, hard trance, tech dance scene more than hard style, but I’ll make an exception for Showtek.
Here’s the X-Qlusive promo disc they’ve been giving away at numerous events: Right Click and Save…
Track 1 – We Live for the Music
Track 2 – FTS
Track 3 – Born 4 Thiz
Track 4 – Colours of the Harder Styles
I had someone mention to me a year or so ago that things had almost come a complete circle. They had a listen to an old set of me spinning dutch hardcore from '93-'94 and reckoned that I could probably get a set now playing the exact same shite. It wasn't till I listened to those tracks that i realised they were right! hahaha....
hardcore will never die! ruffneck rules the hardcore scene!

ok, now I feel really old.... edit: oh crap. I just realised that was 15 years ago..... :(

Last edited: