Rave.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know somewhere in Newcastle/Central Coast/North Sydney that hires out decent-good lights/lasers?
The only place in Newy that I know of is A1 and in my experience they're not all that great.

enjoi

Likes Bikes
In Leichardt, Lightsounds do lighting hire.

Also, we got some lasers, dj's, speakers and all the shit you need to have a pretty cool house/hall rave, let me know if your interested.

nucleon hawke

Likes Dirt

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
(sort of) on the subject of Djing, can I get any advice on what to get? I'm probably going to sell one of my bikes so I'll have a decent amount of cash.

Current set-up I'm thinking of
-Stanton st150 tables
-Behringer DDM4000 mixer
-Sony MDR V-700
-I already have some computer speakers that will do the job for now

I'd just buy a few vinyl tracks to play around on and learn to beatmatch and get the basics down until I've finished producing the film I'm working on, so after that I should have enough money for Serato or Traktor + some studio monitors.

Decent enough?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a mate selling some Stanton tables fairly cheap if you're interested.
They're not too old either, barely been used.

Edit: I've attached a pic of what's for sale.
Edit1: It also comes with some Aussie hip hop vinyl and I believe some house-y stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
PM incoming ;)

edit: Hmm... Would rather spend the little extra to get st150's.. But tell me a price he's got in mind and I might be keen.

edit to save double-post:

Trance energy not coming back on 2010. G is bad.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, me and a few friends need an argument settled.

Who wrote 'Down Under'? Was it Showtek or Nik Fish?

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
showtek did it first i believe, and Nik fish re did it
BINGO!

Have been listening to a lot of Hardstyle Mafia, Hardstyle Republic and DJ Splash.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have tried shuffling with a broken collar bone that has just undergone surgery and is in a sling, not fun! :p

andddd I was just getting my hand movements dialed and in sync with the shuffle!

Anyone got some music they think is worthy of being downloaded?
Something with a slower tempo as I am finding it hard with arm to stomp it as quick.

Maurice.

Banned
BINGO!

Have been listening to a lot of Hardstyle Mafia, Hardstyle Republic and DJ Splash.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have tried shuffling with a broken collar bone that has just undergone surgery and is in a sling, not fun! :p

andddd I was just getting my hand movements dialed and in sync with the shuffle!

Anyone got some music they think is worthy of being downloaded?
Something with a slower tempo as I am finding it hard with arm to stomp it as quick.
Maybe try some Jumpstyle ty, should be easier than having to move your hands.

good Jumpstyle songs i recommend are

Puta Madre - Showtek
Puf Dutch Stuff - Showtek
DJ Charp -Power Jump
DJ Twisty - Jumpstyle is my style

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
DHD: Cruise over to www.melbshuffle.com. Lots of great info, but there's a fair bit of flamage, so keep your nose clean ;)

Also: try anything with a broken toe for almost half a year and you'll realise how easy a collarbone can be
yes yes, get me a damn violin
As for music: being the scum that I am, got 1.7Gb of doofdoof the other day. Feel bad I'm not paying for it, so I'll probably buy them on beatport.com for the stuff I like.

Maurice.

Banned
Still havn't gone through it all properly :p

About a third is trance sets, lots of cheesy nu-style, some hardcore, bits and bobs from all sorts of places really...
siiick..have fun with it

if anyone is interesed, im putting up a torrent for 827mb of north french/german/belgiumese hardstyle/jumppstyle if any wants the link. PM in the next day or so;)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some more jumpin tracks that i'm enjoying atm:

Showtek - Like The Bass
Showtek - Oh Happy Days
Patrick Jumpen - Gangster
Patrick Jumpen - Do It 2 Me
Patrick Jumpen - Holiday

Last edited:

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could you guys keep the talk of torrents and the like, mainly requests for them, to PMs? I've had threads on other forums get locked for that reason and I'd hate to see it happen to this one.

Maurice.

Banned
Could you guys keep the talk of torrents and the like, mainly requests for them, to PMs? I've had threads on other forums get locked for that reason and I'd hate to see it happen to this one.
1000 pardons smacks.
sorry.

thanks mattydv;)