Rawnrg Thredbo To Have New Owners ?

mr ufo

UFO MTB Imports
Unconfirmed gossip circulating around the shuttle bus runs @ stromlo on the weekend
is that RAWNRG Thredbo is to be under new owners next season and that the Thredbo
mountain management are to welcome the new owners with open arms and plans are already in place to expand trail access across the mountain !!

....Wait .. Holy shit ! That means we could be able to ride more than ONE FRIKIN' DH TRAIL AT THREDBO ! Mountain bikers REJOICE !!!!

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
I didn't hear that story on the buses i went on.

More trails? Sounds pretty good to me :) Haha. Thats means higher ticket prices im guessing?

todd94

Squid
raw nrg new owners

yeh its true raw nrg are getting new owners and the prices of everything are going to go up im guessing. Its going to be confusing for interschools though.

s_t_3_v_3

Likes Dirt
The new company is SE mountain bike co. Interschools is 20-22 of feb
does anyone know whether they're gonna be having the northern and southern conferences again or if they're just going back to the old of having National Interskools straight off? i thought last years idea failed slightly seeing as everyone who competed at either conference qualified for the National competition. just my opinion. It was still heckers though.

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Is the price that ridiculous? What is whistler these day? If it went up and the trails were better then thats a fair trade off.

I don't reckon that we should discourage organisations investing in the sport from making a healthy profit.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
The RawNRG crew were doing runs on sat, but wouldn't employ me for te day danm it. Nearly snuck on a chair with my hardtail, but got caught because of my split second hessitation:eek:, will have to wait until it's officioally open:(.
The NRG crew were only allowed that day for some training reason or something, or so they told me.

T-Rex

Template denier
does anyone know whether they're gonna be having the northern and southern conferences again or if they're just going back to the old of having National Interskools straight off? i thought last years idea failed slightly seeing as everyone who competed at either conference qualified for the National competition. just my opinion. It was still heckers though.
There's a NSW Interschools on 21/22 Feb 2009 in Thredbo, and Jane at South East MTB told me that the Australian Championships Interschools would be in Buller in March, and that they would rotate the Australian Championships Interschools between Buller and Thredbo each year.

Buller's web site has the date as 28/29 March 2009, but it's also got a whole lot of words which look like they relate to the 2008 Northern Conference/Southern Conference/Qualifying/Finals thing, which I think everyone agrees was a bit of a flop. I think if a rider or team was going to travel from NSW to race, they wouldn't turm them away at Buller, and vice versa for someone from interstate coming to Thredbo.

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Is the price that ridiculous? What is whistler these day? If it went up and the trails were better then thats a fair trade off.

I don't reckon that we should discourage organisations investing in the sport from making a healthy profit.
Yes. Yes it is. Highway robbery is the term that comes to mind considering there's only one trail to ride.

For comparison, one day trickets in;

Whistler, Canada - $49CAD / $61AUD which is comparable until you factor in the fact that one is FUCKING WHISTLER and has 250km of tracks, while the other is Thredbo.

Portes Du Soleil, France/Switzerland $16EUR / $30AUD which is nowhere near comparable especially as one gives you access to 12 resorts and 27 lifts across 2 countries while the other one gives you access to Thredbo.

mr ufo

UFO MTB Imports
This thread is way old ?? Where did it re appear from ?? What the hell
it opens in 2 weeks .. giddy up !!!!

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Yes. Yes it is. Highway robbery is the term that comes to mind considering there's only one trail to ride.

Whistler, Canada - $49CAD / $61AUD which is comparable until you factor in the fact that one is FUCKING WHISTLER and has 250km of tracks, while the other is Thredbo.

Portes Du Soleil, France/Switzerland $16EUR / $30AUD which is nowhere near comparable especially as one gives you access to 12 resorts and 27 lifts across 2 countries while the other one gives you access to Thredbo.
Ok but lets see what the new crew do with the place, maybe they will get it firing a bit more, more trails a few stunts etc. What ever lets support it. Surely it can only get better from here.

tyron

Likes Dirt
Costs

Hey Buddy,

why don't you put it in perspective! Whistler has approx 1400 riders per day! so they have the numbers over there to keep the cost down. We just don't have the traffic, maybe one day. We need to support these ventures, dont be so quick to judge..

Ty

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Buddy,

why don't you put it in perspective! Whistler has approx 1400 riders per day! so they have the numbers over there to keep the cost down. We just don't have the traffic, maybe one day. We need to support these ventures, dont be so quick to judge..

Ty
They didn't have that when they opened, the reason they do now is because they built a kick arse MTB park not just the same old one track for the past 10 years.

tyron

Likes Dirt
They didn't have that when they opened, the reason they do now is because they built a kick arse MTB park not just the same old one track for the past 10 years.
If you think it is that easy just to build a course or courses then everybody would be doing it! it takes lots of money and countless hours/months to get new trails in Alpine areas... it's not black and white. On top of that we just don't have the same amount of people riding here to make it happen in the same amount of time. Mt Buller has started to grow it parks and I believe with Jane at the helm of South East Mountain Biking Co you will see growth.

Be patient and support the movement..

Ty

Icarus

Likes Dirt

Sth East MTB Co. buy the lift tickets from KT (Thredbo management), so there is one of the reasons for the cost. Hell, there are two guys whose full-time job it is to maintain that track. Add to that the expense of guides, etc. and it adds up, especially when there is a limited number of riders.

The word is that the new KT manager is willing to chase up developing new tracks if Sth East show that the numbers are there. He's already approved the use potential use of many of the trails for XC use, including guided groups. Thats a big step.

dirtrider_

Likes Dirt
Is it me or is downhilling getting more and more expensive? A weekend in Threddes your looking at the cost for accommodation, lift tickets and petol cost...still worth it tho