RD 4 AWABA MTB Park 4/5th July

tranceup

Likes Dirt
hey everyone,
Bit of an intro here and some rough info for those looking to come and race the Monkey Trail on the 4/5 july.
Firstly to thgose of you who havent enetered yet, get moving. If theres one thing i have learned its that the guys running rego are very much over people that leave it till the last minute with lame excuses for not registering so make everyones life easier and get in quick. This will help us ensure theres plenty of food and quicker shuttle turn arounds cause well have the right numbers to budget for.
Secondly, for those that are scared of the track, dont be, theres been stacks of work done since the last race to make it safer and more accessible to all levels of rider so get amongst it, this track has been called the best in NSW by plenty of people so come and check it out. For the Elite, dont worry nothing will stop you going as hard or harder than before, all the same obstacles are there its just now they work better.
Accomodation is a tricky one, the track is about a 40 min drive from Newy but there's options in between from all directions to reduce travel time. Hook up with some others and share the load for driving. You could look at places like the Formula 1 in Wallsend, warners bay has accom, Newy has plenty and from the other side its a 20 min drive from where you stayed for the Ourimbah rd most likely.
How to find the track can be found here www.hmba.asn.au
On the day, car parking is best to the left of Jenkins Rd to allow for the shuttle turn around on the right, it should be signed but if your there early.There is also an overflow area on the way in on the left or you can park out on the road if your car is low or has shit traction
First Aid is booked to start from 9 on both days and more than likely we wont allow shuttles before these guys are onto it. we will have a BBQ cranking both days but other food is available about 5- 10mins away. Bring your own water.
For spectators its a steep narrow track with little place to stop so do your best and keep it clear.
Ill think of more stuff when we get close but look forward to seeing you all up here. ANy questions drop a line to the usual suspects or if i can help try this thread and im sure someone will answer if i cant.
Cheers
Steve Carter
President HMBA

prosheep

Likes Dirt
YEAH DOGG bring on the monkey for the best track in NSW its definatly up there only if coffs wasnt on the map ey hahaha, But for sure going to be the sickest round seen this series. I would advise every one that races downhill bikes in NSW to get this round, wicked track, wild spectators and all the other things that make the sport of downhill so great YEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Yeah don't forget about this race on what is the best track of this series technicality of Del Rio but faster and the length of Ourimbah but OH so much safer than it used to be, how could you not want to race on this track and no pedalling if you are lazy. So don't forget to register because I am hoping to see you all there. Bring on Awaba!!!

tranceup

Likes Dirt
yeah practice on friday is cool, private shuttles or walkies fine.
Was thinking you meant push runs but that would be crazy right?

tranceup

Likes Dirt
^^^^
So long as you have pre registered and paid there is no problem with that, but you cannot enter on sunday or saturday for that matter.

Track is absolutely as good as it gets, a very succesfull club round on the weekend had only positive feedback. Expect elite times in the 3:30's or maybe under and avg times to be around the 4 to 4:30 min mark.

Get you entries sorted asap they close in 2 more sleeps.

Wayno

You can sign on during Sunday as long as you have registered online, do not come up if you want to register on the day as refusal often offends. So please make sure you register online and it will shut Thursday night midnight.

was wondering if you could sign in on sunday cause i cant make it on saturday

Jack456

Likes Dirt
Hey I just got my license renewed and was wondering if my number thing will be changed or will I have to use a receipt

Wayno

Hey I just got my license renewed and was wondering if my number thing will be changed or will I have to use a receipt

If you tick the box for renew when you did up your MTBA licence, use your original number, but bring your receipt along to the event with you tho

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Practice and race times

Hey guys,
Just wanting to know what time on Sunday does the practice session start and the racing start or is it practice on saturday and race on sunday - I am just taking the young lad up for a look ( 7 years old ) and keen to see the new track work.

Landon

Likes Dirt
NSW State DH Rego

Is there a good reason why this and all other NSW state DH rounds have never been listed on the NSWMTB or MTBA sites?