Re-Instate Mt. Tamborine Downhill Trail Campaign

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHB who is a great illustrator is doing a Logo and Thinkluke will put it on the flyer. Then it can be PDF'd sent to the Mountain Bug email address and then it can be emailed out to everyone, print it and put it up on noticeboards in your LBS.
Or at our local trails... I will laminate them before hand as im sure QLD is set for a wet one.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Go Ahead with the Flyer Luke

Just add a black & white version of Chris's bug on the flyer and email it to the FB page for people to upload.

Great work Luke, I hope the mountain bike community supports your Graphic Design business.

Thanks Chris for the Mountain BUG 'bug-on-bike' logo/mascot

Thanks heaps.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
The campaign waits........

The information on the flyer is still current. We are waiting on a meeting date with the RIC. Once this happens we will update the flyer with new information.

Cheers, Dave

thinkluke

Likes Bikes
I got C.H.B's logo, as you will agree it looks awesome. Is this the correct logo?

I removed the current status as per Oppy's request. What does everyone think?

Once it is finalised I will supply it as a PDF so it is easy for anyone to print it.

flyerv3.jpg

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
Great work guys.....
Been following the updates on facebook. Good to hear its coming along well. If theres a meeting/ you need a hand for something im keen to help.

Cheers

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Flyer

I'm very happy with your work Luke. Wait a day or two to see what feedback others post up.

Dave

tumble

Likes Dirt
Flyer looks the goods.
Logo's average but it's good enough with the limited time given & it's not important enough to hold up proceedings.
Great work all.

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Thanks Luke, I think it's fine. The logo is an original artwork tumble which is more than just a logo. Can you email a higher resolution version to send out via the email group.

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
Has anyone made a decision if we should be riding (while respecting the locals at the same time) or just stay away from the track till we hear more?

Deadman

Likes Dirt
To ride Tambo or not to ride Tambo - that is the question

The input on this thread presents enough information to allow everyone to form their own opinion either way. Officially, it is up to the individual.... BUT remember we are all responsible for the future of DH'ing. Be good ambassadors and represent the sport well.

Dave

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Distribution and Circulation

Here it is as a pdf - high quality and be perfect for printing.

Let me know if there are any troubles downloading and oppy i can get your email address and send it through.

View attachment 186964
Thanks Luke I'll email it to the group for distribution and circulation.

Anyone can printing the flyer out please ensure that you have permission before you paste physical copies anywhere ie in shops.

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
ps - the logo is cool, its original! You don't get that very often these days, well done C.H.B
thanks mate ,sorry i could'nt come up with
a beterer one in time but i'm pretty close to a final drawing,i recon we keep the bug and
the mountain range like the other drawing i did.i am open for suggestions guys!
your flyer looks excellent Luke ,i'll be putting some of those on windscreens at castlehill:D

Deadman

Likes Dirt
The Flyer says more than what is printed on it!

The Flyer shows that this campaign is well organised and sophisticated. Above all, it shows we are serious and will not be going away. It will be difficult for the NPWS to say - we are not interested in working with you.

Thanks to Oppy's experience, most of the NPWS objections will be answered before they have a chance to bring them up.

Thanks for all the help and support.

Good luck with the meeting Oppy.

ezrider

Likes Bikes
thanks for the update mtb bug, and thanks for all the work you all are doing for us to get more trails.

Last edited:

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Campaign Update

The Mountain Bicycle User Group

Campaign Update: Mt Tamborine.
Issued: 11-11-10

This week representative from the Mountain Bicycle User Group and Brisbane South Mountain Bike Club meet with Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service staff to discuss mountain bike access at Mt Tamborine. The Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club were unable to attend however gave their apologies and asked the Mtn BUG to make a representation on their behalf to QPWS.
It was a very frank meeting with QPWS outlining their main concerns with the management of mountain bikes and the mountain community outlining it’s request.
The three main concerns from QPWS were:

1. The lack of suitable area to cater for trail head facilities that would be required for legitimate mountain bike use.
2. Liability and safety concerns
3. The environmental and social impacts of the existing unauthorised mountain bike downhill trail.

The issues outline by the mountain bike representatives were:

1. Access to the horse trail network (the former Knoll Road gazette vehicle track) for XC style mountain bike activities
2. Access to a single use, single direction mountain bike (downhill) trail located in the land parcels that make up the Knoll Road gazette.

All of these issues were discussed with various hypothetical solutions being worked through.
Ultimately the representatives from QPWS present are not the decision makers on these issues. The staff will be referring our requests to the regional coordinator for his consideration and response.
We would like to formally thank QPWS for taking to time to consult with us and hopefully with an ongoing and open dialogue we can arrive at a workable solution for both parties.

Happy Trails

The Mtn BUG