RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

tcp13equals2

Likes Bikes
ok - who did the rain dance?

tis pooring with rain in North Canberra - Stromlo drains well, but will still be pretty sloppy if this keeps up

dr.evil

Likes Dirt
What is this?...the weather channel?

The wetness outside will help settle the dust and clear off some of the loose bits. It is going to be great out there tomorrow...rain,hail or shine.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Thanks for getting the results up so fast, you guys really know how to run an event! Had an awesome time.

It was my first enduro(80km) on a single speed and i loved it, snapped my seat off on the first lap at the start of the downhill, so that was a fun lap, 11kms of standing up. Loaned a bike off my boys at the Bike Shed Mortdale for the next lap while they fixed my seatpost, and then back on the single speed for the last 2 laps. Battled the cramps on the last lap but finished 14th in open on a single speed! Stoked!

Awesome event, and how mint was the track after the rain? So good!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It has come to my realization, that singlespeeds while fun to ride and have fun with mates and all that,
are probably the dumbest things to try to race around Mt Stromlo at speed,
or Martin just may set courses with all the hard bits in them.

2 Singlespeeders did come 1-2 in the 100 mile, and they had odd sized wheels.

Turkish pide is not good pre-race dinner, unless you can race on cheese.
Don't change handlebars the night before the race,
Don't lose that important odd sized nut you really really need.
When your tyre needs a little more air, put that air in then, not after the rocky descent.
When bolting your wheel back on make sure the brakes ARE NOT grabbing the rotor,
If it is grabbing then it is the bike not your softness making it hard for you.
Fix this when you have the chance and not halfway the hill which has 237641237612 bloody switchbacks.
Grow a beard, this helps apparently.

Stromlo is best ridden in the rain when the top is shrouded in cloud, seems almost magical

but yes, i'll most probably try it again.

congrats to all out there,
Congrats to the Rocky Trail Crew for an awesome event, I imagine it will be an even bigger event next year.

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Good to see Jesus come down and hand the gearies a lesson ;)
I'd heard he could walk on water, but no one told me he could fly up hills. ;) It was a very good day for single speeding....

It was amazing how much the conditions changed over the course of 8 hours. I loved the cold slop fest at the start, climbing and descending through the mist - Stromlo's a bit of a furnace when the heat comes up, so the track (and certain riders :p) simply baked out there later on in the day.

Thanks to Trailburner and Trailbunny and the crew for a great event!

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
What a great day so well run all went to time great track (shoter one) great for inexperience riders or not so fit and great to get a 2nd 30k over 40 stoked
May be next time could make a 50k as well

GOOD ON YOU REAL INSURANCE & ROCKY TRAIL & HELPERS

Cheers Neil

SSDave

Likes Dirt
It was amazing how much the conditions changed over the course of 8 hours. I loved the cold slop fest at the start, climbing and descending through the mist - Stromlo's a bit of a furnace when the heat comes up, so the track (and certain riders :p) simply baked out there later on in the day.
I quite enjoyed my first 4 laps, don't remember much of the 5th though :confused:

Do remember my mates not letting me back out :eek:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Had a great day :) That was my longest race yet (80k). I really enjoyed the first lap and the last lap. For some reason, 2 and 3 were a pain fest and I need to work out why. Came good on the last one though and felt invicnible! What a great way to finish.

Results-wise, well, let's just say my result is there to make the rest of the field feel better :) But I don't care, I'd do it again (but better next time). Thanks Realbike mob and Rockytrails etc!

Rode in the event yesterday in the 30km event, a very well run event and everyone I passed or who was passed by was happy and courteous!

Well done Rocky trail entertainment

QZ13

Likes Dirt
;) It was a very good day for single speeding....!
Everyday is the perfect day for single speeding. You two must've been training or something?

Dreggsy needs more facial hair, more cheese (I suggest camembert) or maybe a good laksa for pre-race dinner.

What did ANTI-TRAINER and mcdoned have for dinner??

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Well done Rocky trail crew, great event, hope its on next year I'll definitely be back to have another crack but maybe finish the job off. I'm pretty sure it'll be bigger next year once the word gets out.

Definitely got tough for this little black duck somewhere around halfway when my mind and body started protesting when I did the maths in my head and figured I was pushin shit uphill to make the cut-off and eventually stopped after lap six. Well done to the guys and gal who completed the distance (please tell me you were suffering too?), awesome job!
Agree with Dreggsy Stromlo in the mist was awesome, kinda eerie when I was up there on my own at one point, I was almost dissapointed when the sun came out.:cool:

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Dreggsy needs more facial hair, more cheese (I suggest camembert) or maybe a good laksa for pre-race dinner.

What did ANTI-TRAINER and mcdoned have for dinner??
Thanks for asking - I enjoyed a delightful Chicken Pad Thai from the Dickson Noodle house, as well as some of the missus's and half the kids one as well.

Dreggsy needs some HTFU and a few more social rides with the boys.
Case in point, the casual Thursday night ride last week in Majura had a bakers dozen on the ride, and 11 SSers, yep 11 out of 13 rockin the one gear goodliness, top that SSSS!