RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh, thats not "Double Dissolution", its "terminal velocity" onto 'Dead Gum Dam'.

You're also right that the other two ways up the hill do not = 'Cruise'. Cardiac climb or BLue tongue/Heart Breaker. WHo wants to bet the world champs race takes one of the nastier options though?

Raf
People will die if we head up Cardiac.... climbing up to echidna gap will hurt - but probably won't kill anybody (it might even be fun)

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Trailburner/Trailbunny are we allowed to camp at Stromlo on the Friday night?
Just spoke to the Stromlo guys about this - unfortunately camping is now allowed, but there is a campground up Cotter Rd not far from Stromlo where we camped in the past and it is quite nice.

Not long to go now. Looking forward to being in Stromlo again.. I love this place.. raced my first 24 solo there... proposed to my girlfriend who is now my wife...good times :D

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Cabins / Camping

Just spoke to the Stromlo guys about this - unfortunately camping is now allowed, but there is a campground up Cotter Rd not far from Stromlo where we camped in the past and it is quite nice.

Not long to go now. Looking forward to being in Stromlo again.. I love this place.. raced my first 24 solo there... proposed to my girlfriend who is now my wife...good times :D
The ACT Scouts also have camping/cabins about 5min down the road from Mt Stromlo, have a look at the following;

http://www.act.scouts.asn.au/ACTScouts/sites/CampCottermouth/comweb.asp?page=29086

Bookings can be made on 02 6288 3270

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Just a few questions, which I hope haven’t been asked before.

1. Is it possible to set up a marquee/tent to store things (food, drink, celebratory beer) anywhere near the crit track? And if so, what time could we get in to do this, assuming that we won’t be able to leave it set up over night.

2. I’m entered in the 50km cruise. If I’m physically able to go around for the fourth lap, can I? Or do I have to change my entry to the 80km now?

If you don’t want to camp, I might have a spare room, secure bike storage and a roll down to Stromlo (yep, it’s a steep hill to get up at the end of a ride) on offer

ebuk

Likes Dirt
If you don’t want to camp, I might have a spare room, secure bike storage and a roll down to Stromlo (yep, it’s a steep hill to get up at the end of a ride) on offer
Dreggsy and I are heading down on Friday night. We may be keen on this offer. We can offer plenty of broccoli and custard as race food in return. :)

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Dreggsy and I are heading down on Friday night. We may be keen on this offer. We can offer plenty of broccoli and custard as race food in return. :)
Gee, what an enticing offer, almost too good to refuse! I'll PM you with details if you promise to leave that at home

Raf

Likes Dirt
LOL :D

In your face broccoli man. :p

I think Im going to have to come out and do a quick 80km. It is afterall only 15 minutes drive from my house.

Raf

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Just a few questions, which I hope haven’t been asked before.

1. Is it possible to set up a marquee/tent to store things (food, drink, celebratory beer) anywhere near the crit track? And if so, what time could we get in to do this, assuming that we won’t be able to leave it set up over night.

2. I’m entered in the 50km cruise. If I’m physically able to go around for the fourth lap, can I? Or do I have to change my entry to the 80km now?
1 - yes either along the crit track or coming down the hill after the 4X track. Plenty of good spots to do that. We are open from 6.30 on Saturday

2. Yes, you can keep riding but your result will count in the 50km category. Please note that we made a typo in the last newsletter and the 50km ride is actually 3 purple laps and probably closer to 60km anyways.

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Are you sure? The man does have good broccoli which is in short supply at the moment
Well if he brings the broccoli I promise to take a picture, and post it, of him sleeping in a bed with a flower quilt cover, a fluffy pillow and teddy bears