RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Lies! Everyone knows how much you love a hug before the race ;).
There's hugging? I wish I'd known earlier, I would have bargained for that.

As for having them in the house *shrugs* they can't be worse than kids - right? Just nod and agree please

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
As long as there is no wetting of the beds, expecting stories at bedtime, fighting over toys or asking for pancakes for breakfast, sounds like an easy weekend to me.

And back on topic for a change:
The rock bridge on White Gums is out. Is this on the current course? I can't read maps.
Will the numpties (ie: me) be able to use the B line down Pork Barrel?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm to avoid unnecesary pain and suffering and to ensure I'm atleast functional when my Mont Team goes out to inspect Sparrow Hill (the next day, the muppets only want to do the 50km cruise) I think I'll stick to the 80km

I looked at the logistics of it, and realised that for a 100 miler I'd need a 24hr style lead up (which I havent been doing) with aggressive training, tapering, carbo loading etc etc.... I can get away with just turning up to a 100km ride, but 100 milers and 12hrs+ warrant special preparation

Besides, I still havent got my bike back from its service following the Sydney 24 (the shock is at the RockShox service centre in Melbourne atm) and I'm still getting over blowing through $140 of brake pads in 12 hours... so my training has been limited to the old GT Avalanche Hardtail and a borrowed Specialized Rockhopper (neither of which fit very well, making long climb fests uncomfortable) I must say that the Dam being closed has also harmed my enthusiasm for getting out for the multi hour training rides - though I did manage a 3 hour yesterday...

BTW, I havent seen it specifically referenced - I just want to give a big round of applause to Juliane and Martin for putting on races that are such AMAZING VALUE - seriously, when was the last time you saw a 100 miler for $80 it is phenomanal -> you guys are amazing!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As long as there is no wetting of the beds, expecting stories at bedtime, fighting over toys or asking for pancakes for breakfast, sounds like an easy weekend to me.

And back on topic for a change:
The rock bridge on White Gums is out. Is this on the current course? I can't read maps.
Will the numpties (ie: me) be able to use the B line down Pork Barrel?
looks like I'll have to bring my Depends.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Don't want to jinx it but the weather forecast is looking good so if you guys want to know what a dry Rocky Trail race looks like sign up :cool:

The event is part of the Canberra Festival so there are lots of different activities on for a recovery on Sunday. We also just confirmed a new event supporter with Vaude.

seanb888

Likes Bikes
Im out:(
Really wanted the ride around Stromlo but have family stuff that day. Got the pass out for the Port Mac 12h instead so not all bad.
Cheers Sean

trailburner

RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise NEWS:

• Crowne Plaza will be giving away great prizes
  • so will JetBlack, Weldtite, Azul and Verofit
  • Red Bull Wiings Team will be on site
  • We just had word from the Mt Stromlo guys that they trails are nicely recovering from the heavy rains and they will repair some sections in time for the race.
  • Juliane and Martin will be there all next week to test the tracks (can't wait )
  • Glen and his coffee van crew will be there
  • Bike Culture will take care of your bikes should they break down.

Join us for a great cruise, choose your own challenge and sign up today!

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
Is there a pic of the event t- shirt anywhere? I know there was one in the last email that went out but I accidentally deleted it..

dr.evil

Likes Dirt
Rode Stromlo last night - some sections have been repaired since the rain 2 weeks ago. No major changes to the track. I think that PCL haven't made it out to the western side just quite yet - a couple of drainage ruts caught us out round there. Should be all good by 6th March - see you there.

If anyone coming to the RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise will be in Canberra on Thursday feel free to drop in at Majura for some dirt crits. Rego is open from 5:30PM - we start the u11s around 6PM then work our way up to A grade - all over by 7:30 - plenty of time for an explore around Majura to warm up those legs before cruising at Stromlo on Saturday.

trailburner

When do the online entries close martin? Still sorting logistics and feasability.. ha

cheers,
Dave
Friday at 8pm. We will leave it open as long as possible as we are getting a lot of last week registrations. We rode Stromlo today and the track is in great nick.

We would like to thank Crowne Plaza Canberra for providing the following fantastic prizes for our event:

- Overnight accommodation, breakfast for two people and dinner in Redsalt Restaurant to the value of $100

- Overnight accommodation and breakfast for two people

Located in the heart of the city centre, overlooking historical Glebe Park, Crowne Plaza Canberra is within minutes of Canberra’s main shopping fair, restaurants and national attractions. During your stay in Canberra, be sure to visit one of the fantastic restaurants or bars located at Crowne Plaza Canberra. Redsalt restaurant brings the finest ingredients and premium quality cuts of beef together to provide its ‘from the grill’ range. Coupled with an extensive a la carte menu, a sumptuous seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights, and a full buffet breakfast daily makes this a perfect dining experience. For something a little more casual, Binara one is an ideal place to enjoy a quiet drink with its many varieties of beers, local wines and cocktails on offer. They look forward to welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Canberra.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
And there is a 4pm cut off! So you need to average 17.5km/hr just to be able to start your 8th lap before 4pm!
I assume there's no new news about this? My bro in law is doing the 100miler but he (like the vast majority I suspect) can't average 17.5 around Stromlo for 160k's. Since Daylight Savings will still be in effect, there will still be four hours of daylight after 4pm.

I guess my question is, is there a chance that the cutoff for 100milers might be extended?

If not it will still be a great training ride for the national/world 24's :)

p.s 80k riders only need to average 10kph to fit in three laps before 4pm. We could even take time out for lunch! :p

Last edited: