Red Ass Downhill NSW ACT State Series - Official Thread

johnmc

Likes Bikes
NSW/ACT State Round #3 Stromlo Prizes (correction)

OVER $5,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES

Every rider is in the draw for a $700 merchandise prize from Trek Bikes Australia

Onya Bike Civic & Belconnen prizes for Elite Male
Cycle City Lyneham prizes for U19 Male
On the Rivet Tuggeranong prizes for U17 Male and Elite Female

Prizes in other categories include lift tickets for Thredbo from South East Mountain Bike Co, Bernard Beer, and Jet Black merchandise.

Register online at https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/...ter.aspx?E=694
Online registration closes at midnight on Thursday 9th June
No on-the-day registration

SO, BRING YOUR MATES: MORE RIDERS = MORE PRIZE MONEY !!!!!

T-Rex

Template denier
Start ramp????

We thought that was the first table top......

:)

Seriously, you guys have done a great job of getting the track into shape. Should be a good weekend.

Attachments

Red.

Likes Dirt
So where abouts is coffs dh track at coffs? Like i have never been but mum said its not that small, What suburb is close to the track?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What suburb is close to the track?
...................Coffs Harbour!
The directions to the venue are in the first post of this thread. Stick Mt Coramba Road in your search and make sure it matches the description I described. For the record, Mt Coramba is not in the town of Coramba! Many dudes have blown up at me after they ended up in the wrong town. Follow my directions and you won't get laughed at!;)

CRIK

NSWMTB
A heads up for those heading to Stromlo this weekend. There is a lot of construction happening in the area with reduced speed zones and the Police have been setting up their mobile speed cameras around there. So just be aware.

johnmc

Likes Bikes
Stromlo Feedback

Seeking any constructive feedback on the placement of race finish where it was today, and not at the Worlds finish. It created some communication problems for us that we could have managed better, but we need the feedback to know if it's worth putting any mental effort into figuring out how. Only riders and volunteers who were at the event please. And for being at the event ... thanks! :D

T-Rex

Template denier
New finish spot worked well. I thought the times would have been closer to 2 minutes, it would be interesting to see how much quicker it would be without the wind.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
New finish spot worked well. I thought the times would have been closer to 2 minutes, it would be interesting to see how much quicker it would be without the wind.
Agreed with all of the above, reckon most riders could've knocked atleast 10-20 seconds off their final run. The wind was simply out of hand, terrible to ride in. Nothing anyone can do about that, just hope those trees grow up nice and big over the next year or so!

CRIK

NSWMTB
Seeking any constructive feedback on the placement of race finish where it was today, and not at the Worlds finish. It created some communication problems for us that we could have managed better, but we need the feedback to know if it's worth putting any mental effort into figuring out how. Only riders and volunteers who were at the event please. And for being at the event ... thanks! :D
The boys (competitors) say the new finish is sooooo much better. As a volunteer/spectator/parent at the finish I thought it worked really well (although you could have turned the heat up about 15 degrees haha). There always seems to be a good crowd at the triple, triple, so to be able to see the finish times there was great. Thumbs up from us.