Red Ass downhill series round 4 - Coffs Harbour - State VS State!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just wanted to re-iterate that QLD are going you smash you team of blue smurfs down the trail... just saying
Well I beg to differ. You lot haven't had a race in the wet since 1994 and it is wet here! The NSW folk are more seasoned on a wet trail, I'm backing a NSW whitewash in all categories.:p

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or crash trying lol
Damn straight!

Well I beg to differ. You lot haven't had a race in the wet since 1994 and it is wet here! The NSW folk are more seasoned on a wet trail, I'm backing a NSW whitewash in all categories.:p
Yeah I'll be out the back and lucky to qualify then... :( ahahhaha actually that will be the case even if it's dry ahha. Just stiring.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Queenslander took out the win at Stromlo I recall... :p

And Illinbah was pretty damn wet last year haha, has it been raining a fair bit down there?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Queenslander took out the win at Stromlo I recall... :p

And Illinbah was pretty damn wet last year haha, has it been raining a fair bit down there?
Stromlo isn't in NSW so it doesn't count.:p
It has been raining but not hard enough to wash the dust off my car. We've never done a race in the dry here so not much will change! It is forecast for mostly clear weather with a little bit of rain for next week but it won't be flood material we've had in the past.

Entries are filling up fast so make sure you enter now and avoid missing out!!!

Last edited:

B.utters

Likes Dirt
Any chance of getting the overall points score fixed up. It seem's to be a bit all over the shop.

I'm in there twice in Sporties and apparently there were 2 winners at Stromlo?

Haven't had a look through the other classes so I'm not sure if they are out of whack.

Last edited:

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Any chance of getting the overall points score fixed up. It seem's to be a bit all over the shop.

Haven't had a look through the other classes so I'm not sure if they are out of whack.
can you send me an email please with the details of what needs fixing: cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com
will do it asap. cheers!

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Yo Dozer,

Good to see the coffs boys are getting this thing happening. You guys do a great job. Reading all the banter and about the track makes me want to break out the DH'er and get into it.

Bit far from WA but I am watching the forums for all the gos.

Keep it coming. Good to see lots going on MTB wise on the North Coast.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I came to an educated conclusion over the weekend after doing a few more trail upgrades with the awesome build crew....................... You are about to ride the best damn downhill track in Australia!

A vertical descent of over 300m, hand crafted single track nearly 3km long with every kind of obstacle a downhill track needs, over four minutes of non stop action and it is all ten minutes drive from awesome Coffs Harbour.

Please take note of this special info:
-We have three main car parking areas. Please follow the marshals instructions to get your car parked.
-Do not park any on the road that will stop two cars passing each other. We need two lanes of the road clear in every spot for emergency access. You may need to park away from the pits and walk a little but once you're on track you won't care about that!
-Please don't exceed 40km at the base of the hill as the residents like it quiet. They also have animals and children out of a weekend so look after the venue by not making a nuisance of yourself or I'll put you on "the list".
-The pit area isn't huge so it is first in first served with putting tents up. The event sponsors and officials have priority so keep that in mind. You are welcome to set up your stuff anywhere as long as it is off the track and not in the way of the shuttle or emergency access.
-Please take your rubbish home or put it in a bin at the venue. We don't want the venue shut down because someone is too useless to take their rubbish away.
-Do not spectate in a dangerous spot on the track. Give the riders room but let them know you're watching! Please only ever walk off the track or if you're pushing up for another go on that sweet section, just go through the bush and not on the track.
-Don't light a fire. Ever. Fires kill people! They also burn large forests down and make a shitload of a mess. No fires are permitted.
-The venue has some roads that connect to the main race track. They will be blocked off but motor bikes and 4wds may want to cross the track. If you hear or see anything like this happening please stop them and tell them to get off the track and stay away. As an entrant, you are legally able to stop any unauthorised vehicle entering the venue.
-Do not ride through the bunting. The course is marked accordingly and some areas are wide open for you to choose your line but don't be a dickhead and ride a line that isn't part of the trail. That will also put you on "the list".
-Some areas of the course are marked with witches hats. Do not move the witches hats! If you crash into (.........
:D ) please put it back in place and advise me or a marshal if you break any bunting. We'll fix it.
-Our marshals are people that ride the trail and know it well so don't be afraid to ask them for some advice or directions. I'll be on site all weekend and can repair any part of the trail that needs it so hit me up.
-Do not change any part of the track. Ever. That is a golden rule..............;)

Above all else, enjoy the best race in Australia!:cool:

timt1566

Likes Bikes

also there are two 4th places at ourimbah aswell.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We are still short a few trailers.
Anyone from Canberra who is happy to tow a big trailer up - you will get free entries in return?

Or any QLD clubs who have a trailer and are happy to bring it to the event please let me know. Again free entries to the race can be scored.
Our email: cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
well guys lets get ready for a good ass pedal along the fire-road
track looks real mint from the last time i road it.
why not starting at the top of the first rock section?
so the track will be be rideable friday arvo?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
well guys lets get ready for a good ass pedal along the fire-road
track looks real mint from the last time i road it.
why not starting at the top of the first rock section?
so the track will be be rideable friday arvo?
We will never race the top rock section. The amount of punters that would eat shit in that section and block the track would mean you'd be waiting until Wednesday afternoon to do your race run.

THE TRACK IS CLOSED UNTIL LUNCH TIME ON FRIDAY. You can walk the track and suss it out but in the interest of safety the track is not open to ride until I finish the final set up. You will be sporting a sore head if you ride the track until I say it is open.:mad: Please don't use the open area around the last jump to collect riders. You must use the shuttle area provided one hundred metres up the road.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This is also true - that section not so bad dry - but wet would be a sweet face grating nightmare. Wood on a track is one thing - concrete steeps is just the next level!
I've busted a whole retail store of bike parts and protective gear in there. It isn't the steepness that is the issue, its the loose rocks that you wander over and lose your line and go splat. I destroyed a TLD helmet there a few weeks back when I had to brake on a pile of loose rocks and whammo..........eight feet down onto the top of my head! Luckily I was sporting a neck brace or I would've ended up looking like a Hogs Breathe pig tail fry............

Will there be shuttles on the Friday or just private shuttles?
Their is no service provided on Friday so it is private shuttles and push runs. Please drive safely on the shuttle road as there will be a ton of guys shuttling.