RedAss Downhill ACT/NSW State Series and Championships 2014

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Championships Thredbo, NSW 12 + 13 April 2014
Round 1 TBC 2 + 3 August 2014 (or a week earlier as quite a few of you might be in Whistler at that time)
Round 2 Stromlo, ACT 20 + 21 September 2014
Round 3 Lithgow, NSW 11 + 12 October 2014

http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/DH-overview.html

Registration for the Champs in Thredbo is open. Similar to last year we also hold the Rollercoaster race on the same weekend. You can get into that for an additional $20.

Round 1 will be either at Del Rio (Bike or Box) or at the Greenvalley Freeride Park. I haven't seen the later one yet but will check it out in the next weeks. Has anyone ridden there? How does the DH track compare to others we have in the series?

trailburner

Thredo Accommodation Partner

We arranged a special rate for you guys at the Candlelight Lodge in Thredbo. We staid there the last two years and it's a very nice place close to the lift and with a lockable room for the bikes. You pay $60 instead of $110 per person per night if you quote "Rollercoaster" or "RedAss Downhill" when making your reservation. This price includes breakfast. You can call them on (02) 6457 6318.

http://www.candlelightlodge.com.au/

zids

Likes Dirt
for the amount of fun tracks in NSW 3 rounds + champs is pretty stale. is anyone aware of the reasons behind cutting down the series from its former glory?

trailburner

for the amount of fun tracks in NSW 3 rounds + champs is pretty stale. is anyone aware of the reasons behind cutting down the series from its former glory?
If you add the 2 rounds of the Australian Gravity Enduro we organise (Glenworth Valley and Stromlo) it totals to 6 Enduro races we put on for you.

trailburner

why would i add those? no big deal you guys do a great job :thumb:
I got my threads confused - thought I posted in the Rollercoaster one.... but you can come to them anyway :)

We are struggling with numbers for the DH races. One reason might be that it gets quite expensive to do all races. By dropping one we lowered the overall cost for the series. Hope this works. Once numbers get up again (we are not talking huge amounts, just 30 or 40 riders more per round) we will add more races again.

trailburner

We have secured another accommodation partner for your Thredbo Gravity weekend on April 12-13: The Denman Hotel
Rate: $60 per person per night - Run of House. It must be booked directly with The Denman Hotel and includes breakfast.
Reservations Tel: 02 64576222. Email: stay@thedenman.com.au
http://www.thedenman.com.au/
Book asap as this fine place will fill up quickly.

Lt Dan

Likes Bikes
awesome to see a new track to race on in the series, has anyone got any helmet cam footage of the track at green valley

trailburner

Here is some more info about the Thredbo weekend coming up:

If you want to practice on Friday you can get a lift pass at the reduced rate of $30 available at the Thredbo shop.

There is no need for an official induction but everyone who hasn't been to Thredbo before will get a quick chairlift instruction Friday or Saturday morning.

Both the tracks for the RedAss DH and the Rollercoaster will be open at the same time over the entire weekend. As there is a new bridge and track layout they don't cross anymore.
The Thredbo crew is putting in more work to get the tracks in prime condition - due to some new lines the DH track is expected to be faster than ever before.

Looking forward to it! See you all there.

reptilemadness

Likes Dirt
What track is going to be raced at Stromlo? Like top section, the old '09 World Champs line or the one that was used for National Champs last year?

trailburner

What track is going to be raced at Stromlo? Like top section, the old '09 World Champs line or the one that was used for National Champs last year?
Haven't decided yet but there are a lot of new lines/sections at Stromlo I want to include. Are there any crowd - favourites?

trailburner

Not long until Thredbo. Here is a meal special for you guys for Saturday night:

Big lasagne special over the weekend of the 11th – 13th in the Thredbo Alpine Hotel Bistro.
House Made Lasagne with roasted tomato coulis, melted cheese, garden salad and hot chips for $16.

garfield84

NSWMTB
Not long until Thredbo. Here is a meal special for you guys for Saturday night:

Big lasagne special over the weekend of the 11th – 13th in the Thredbo Alpine Hotel Bistro.
House Made Lasagne with roasted tomato coulis, melted cheese, garden salad and hot chips for $16.

Yum! Garfield's favourite dinner!

bilbo

Likes Bikes
Is there a set time for the lift instruction on the Friday morning, my son hasn't been to thredbo before and I would hate to miss a whole days practice for him if we ran a little late