Reign X or Glory 8?

Hey guys just wondering your opinion on whether a Reign X or a Glory 8 is better for a Freeride or Downhill Bike?

Last edited:

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
I don't have either but I would go for the glory because it has better specs and forks. Was going to get one but ran out of money. Goodluck

Lukeflow1

Likes Dirt
My mate recently got a reign x, and he is really happy.He went for the reign because it is light and he is only like 50kg so he doesn't need alot of travel, he is riding downhill by the way.
I would go the reign, I have also heard the geo on the reign x is better for downhill.

bonkers

Likes Bikes
I'm riding an 08 Reign X1. It was my first real bike so it's hard to compare to something I haven't ridden.

I've ridden it in a 4 hour, ride it at Stromlo and Thredbo and endless cycleway madness..... No upgrades. Awesome. Although if I could have two bikes. Glory would be nice.:)

L_D_H

Squid
Go the Glory 8, I had a look at them, really good specs. First thing you'd want to do is put a chainguide on. I was looking at a 08 glory 8, and found a 09 DH1 for only 100 bucks more (both brand new), big difference in the strength of the frame, the 8 frame looks weak and flimsy compared to the DH1. But if you just want to stick to heavy freeride not DH, go the 8 for sure.

K3lvinator

Likes Bikes
I've just bought a 07 Reign X1 just posted the specs in the Freeride forum, its set up for some heavy trail and dh. I've test ridden some heavier light freeride bikes Norco Six & LT, and even a Sasquatch and for me weight of the bike is important. Like mentioned above Glory is a DH rig so it depends on your riding style and preference.:cool:

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
big difference in the strength of the frame, the 8 frame looks weak and flimsy compared to the DH1. But if you just want to stick to heavy freeride not DH, go the 8 for sure.
I guess you didn't look too hard though eh? ;) Comparing them to other GloryDH's on the trail and they look pretty similar.

About the only difference between the frames is the Geo (slightly steeper on the 8), Travel & spec. They're basically the same frame. Heck, my Glory8 Expert weighed in at 20.1kgs when I bought it, about the same as a GloryDH, and I definitely wouldn't class it any lighter duty than the GloryDH frame.

But definitely don't get a Glory (anything) if you have any plans to ride up at all. It just doesn't do it very well ;)