Rennie Delfs = Gravity morewood BOS team 2009

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Nathan Rennie and Mitch Delfs riding Morewood

Gravity Group is pleased to announce their partnership with Morewood Bikes as bicycle supplier and co-title sponsor along with Kenda Tires for their World Cup Team.

TEAM KENDA MOREWOOD will be represented by two of the most famous names in downhill racing: Nathan Rennie (AUS) and Mitchell Delfs (AUS).

27 year old Nathan Rennie (AUS), a former overall UCI Elite World Cup Downhill Champion and Junior World Champion, is a regular World Cup podium visitor, multi-time high-class events winner and is a pleasure to watch on the bike. After several World Cup podiums in 2008, with his highlight being 2nd place on his home turf at World Cup number 7 in Canberra, Nathan Rennie is a definitive contender for podiums in both the 2009 World Cup series and the 2009 World Championships in Canbera, Australia.

Nathan Rennie
Nathan Rennie, KENDA MOREWOOD Team Rider:
“I am super happy to be where I am in 2009. Not to mention that 9 is my favorite number, I am especially happy to be working with new people and working with people I already know. I am impressed with everything so far and how fast the ball has got rolling. I’m stuck in training already and my knee feels good. It wont be long before it will be 100%. I feel like the change for me is for the better for all parties and just want to get racing again. See you at the races.”

Nathan’s compatriot, 19 year old Mitchell Delfs (AUS) is still one of the young guns on the World Cup circuit. After a good performance during the 2007 World Cup in Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada and a 4th place at 2007 Junior World Championships, Mitch was given the opportunity to participate in his first full World Cup season in 2008. Mitch has progressed from race to race and after 2 top 10 finishes in the second part of the season he has become a contender for consistent top 10 results in the 2009 season.

Mitch Delfs
Mitchell Delfs, KENDA MOREWOOD Team Rider:
“I am super stoked to be working with Gravity Group again for the 2009 season. It’s going to be an exciting year, with a great bike and good factory support to race on. I’m sure there will be a few World Cups with my name on it. With a new team mate as fast as Nathan Rennie I know my riding will improve, which will make TEAM KENDA MOREWOOD the new power house team on the World Cup circuit.”

The Morewood Makulu will be the downhill weapon of choice for TEAM KENDA MOREWOOD in the coming season. Nathan and Mitch will also use the Mbuzi, Shova and Ndiza for off season training and selected events.

Richard Carter, MOREWOOD BIKES Marketing Director/Co-Owner
Racing has always been a core value of the Morewood brand, so for us, the formation of a professional race team is a natural progression. It also further demonstrates Morewood’s commitment to Downhill, and our commitment to further developing our products at the highest level of the sport.

Gravity Group has a reputation for running one of the most professional teams on the circuit, so the opportunity of forming a partnership with them was something we just couldn’t pass up on, despite current economic sentiment.

I believe we have one of the most competitive packages on the circuit. Good bikes however are nothing without great riders, and we feel privileged to work with riders of Nathan and Mitch’s caliber.

Filling the shoes of a team as successful and respected as Syndicate is a big task for anyone, but I believe Peter Siulczynski and the Gravity Group are up to the challenge. With the right support and infrastructure I know Nathan will be right at home in no time and ready to retake his place on the podium where he belongs.

As Mitch is already familiar with the team, we hope to build on and maintain the momentum he gained last season.

With the level of commitment and determination already demonstrated by Riders, Gravity Group and Sponsors alike, anything is possible.

Further Team News including Team Co-Sponsors and Team Schedule will be announced shortly.

For more information please email info@gravity-group.net

SOURCE: litter mag.

http://www.morewoodbikes.com/

IN OTHER NEWS: ROULER IMPORTS IS NOW THE AUSTRALIAN DISTRIBUTOR FOR MOREWOOD BIKES. Press release to follow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HOLY BOOBS THAT BIKE IS COOL!

Good to see Rennie going for a chance. Cant wait to see him at stromlo again this year!

Good Read.

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah good read.

but in the pic is that the setup either of them will be riding?

i mean apart from the tyres.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
The bike in the picture is just the build that Steve jones is testing for DIRT mag. frame/shock/fork is 100% as for the rest i have no idea.

nicho

notso

Likes Dirt
Nice pick up Nicho. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing a few more Morewoods around the traps in the next year

Also, what's the connection between BOS and Morewood (besides you being the importer here) ? Will the team be running BOS gear too?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great to see Rennie signed up to a new team, in a way. I was just hoping that he would strike up a sponsorship, rather than have to sit out for a year, so it is great news.

Good on Mitch too, be awesome to see even more Aussies on the WC circuit. Hopefully we will dominate and show the rest of the world that we are better. ;)

Anyways hope 2009 is a great year for both riders and their team.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Thank farkin god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's all rejoice for our savour is now on a Morewood!

Rennie better smash World Champs this year and I will be screaming as he comes over the final jump this year!

What an awesome team, Rennie and Delfs! :cool:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
This is great news.....Stoked for the Rendog.
Didn't expect to see MD moving teams, didn't he just get on the Tomac team last off season?

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the price for one of these Morewoods, look pretty cool and a promising year I think for Delfs and Rennie

Jammo

Likes Dirt
WOW thats awsome to here that santacruz loses one of thier riders and morewood gains 2 awsome riders this team is going to shred.

also when can we see some prices on these bikes and will the frame come stock with the bos shock or not ?

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is great news.....Stoked for the Rendog.
Didn't expect to see MD moving teams, didn't he just get on the Tomac team last off season?
the same people that ran the tomac team are running this team

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Nice pick up Nicho. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing a few more Morewoods around the traps in the next year

Also, what's the connection between BOS and Morewood (besides you being the importer here) ? Will the team be running BOS gear too?
Yes the team will be riding BOS suspension. Bos and morewood have been working together for the last year or so on that Makulu.

Thats good news.
So is this goodbye to rennie riding rockshox/sram?
thanks
I guess not!

Whats the price for one of these Morewoods, look pretty cool and a promising year I think for Delfs and Rennie
The Makulu frame retails for $4890 including the Bos shock, and you will have the option to get the frame shock and fork combo at a price to be announced.

How long and what stroke is that rear shock?
That shock is 269mm gotta measure the stroke. will do it tomorrow.
For your info i'm running a 200 pounds spring.

nicho

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Great news for Mitch and Rennie. Now the crappy rumors about Rennie will be put to rest, no denying it now!