Rennie Delfs = Gravity morewood BOS team 2009

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
That shock is 269mm gotta measure the stroke. will do it tomorrow.
For your info i'm running a 200 pounds spring.
nicho
Wow, so it must be damn close to 2-1 leverage.
Do you sell that length shock?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
another Morewood clone

Looks like Morewood took more than just MD from Tomac...............

port

Squid
Roll on world cup season, can't wait to see the boys race and I'll be at canberra with bells on, I mean cowbells on:D

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Wow, so it must be damn close to 2-1 leverage.
Do you sell that length shock?
Yes we do sell the shocks. It's 2.3:1 ratio like ivan said. I'm running a 200 pound spring and rennie will be between 225 to 250 depending on what he prefers.

Looks like Morewood took more than just MD from Tomac...............
What are you on about. That Makulu prototype was out on the trails since beginning 08.

2.3:1 according to the MW site http://www.morewoodbikes.com/

Eh? if your talking about the linkage driven single pivot thats just plain silly.:confused:
Agreed!

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That shock is 269mm gotta measure the stroke. will do it tomorrow.
For your info i'm running a 200 pounds spring.

nicho
10.6" eye to eye... that's going to be a pain if you don't want a BOS shock isn't it???

BJ-

Rota Imports
Fat_Ride said:
As I said... a pain if your don't want BOS!
Have you ridden the new BOS fork and shock! Why the hell would you not want one!?

Highfive nicho, youve got such a sick collection of brands under your belt now. Im so out of the loop its not funny but are you riding a Makulu Nicho? If so id love to see a picture...

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you ridden the new BOS fork and shock! Why the hell would you not want one!?
To be honest, no I haven't and i'm not questioning BOS suspensions quality, etc, nor am I doing the same with the Morewood frame...

I'm just stating that frames using such sizing do make it difficult when the rider may be partial to say a Fox, Rock Shox, Marzocchi, etc rear shock and cannot fit them.

nicho

Sacré bleu!

Highfive nicho, youve got such a sick collection of brands under your belt now. Im so out of the loop its not funny but are you riding a Makulu Nicho? If so id love to see a picture...
Hey thanks mate. Pretty exciting times for Rouler Imports. Undergoing an overhaul in all aspects and planning on being more present this year.
I'm waiting for my Makulu which will arrive at the same time as Mitchs'.
I'm pretty excited.

To be honest, no I haven't and i'm not questioning BOS suspensions quality, etc, nor am I doing the same with the Morewood frame...

I'm just stating that frames using such sizing do make it difficult when the rider may be partial to say a Fox, Rock Shox, Marzocchi, etc rear shock and cannot fit them.
Humm I guess if you really wanted a fox shock then you probably wouldn't get that bike, period. But that kinda beats the whole purpose of having two great companies working together to establish the best suspension for a specific chassis.
Intense m6 for example have pretty big eye to eye shock too. And people either go straight to a Bos Stoy or a ccdb.

Whatever floats your boat really.

nicho

P.s.: Is that you Greg?

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are we looking at $ wise for one of these Morewoods with the Bos Shock?
Interested in one if the price isnt too steep

nicho

Sacré bleu!

Well i just found out that for 2010 Fox will have a shock for that eye to eye length.
There that settles it.

nicho

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
P.s.: Is that you Greg?

Hey Nicho....

Yeah, it is.

As I mentioned, not having a go at BOS or Morewood at anyway at all, infact I think it looks like an unreal frame and reckon Rennie (and Mitch) will kill it this year riding it. I just see it as a point of contention, as you would know, people are always wanting the chop and change specifications to best suit their riding style and it's a let down to tell people when we don't have a size to suit!

In saying that though, in regards to rear suspension Fox does have some exciting news for the 2010 range and I do believe that a longer eye to eye will be available! More news on that later though! ;)

Last edited:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Yep I heard. ANd yes they will have that size shock for the frame. Told from Morewood themselves.

nicho

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
Hey Nico, I'm glad to hear that you've got Rennie and Mitch on a morewood with bos. I think that's a great combo.

Love the new DH bike, if I wasn't so happy with mine I'd be talking to you about one. mmmm bos front end, I tell everyone what I think of it :D. Including how much I like my back end, ccdb1. I'd still like to try a bos on the back just see the difference. hahaha yer I can dream.

I'm also the not so proud owner of a titanium plate with six screws and two pieces of wire, one right clavical. I need to think of a good story because the reality was so lame.

anyway...... COME ON AUSSIES!!!

petri

Likes Dirt
I do believe Rennie will rip on that setup...... No doubt there.

Noice work on getting the distribution Nicho!