Renthal Apex

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
If you want an all black stem that's light and strong enough for enduro why not the Race Face Turbine? It's lighter than the apex. I have one on my Rocky Mountain Altitude and it's plenty stiff. Or is it the wrong flavor Kool aide?
I have the Altitude too... the Turbine is 6 deg stem (&55mm) , which means you kinda have to run it going down, otherwise it looks lame... would have been nice if it were 0 deg.

I have a Thomson 4x... but it's silver, so it's on the frankenbike. Looking for a new 50mm stem, been looking at the Apex, but personally I think it looks ugly unless you have it on a pimped out DH bike... in which case you'd go a strata or direct mount anyway...

I've never broken a stem before... the Easton Haven stems look sleek... reckon they'd be ok for Enduro/DH?

DJR

Likes Dirt
I've never broken a stem before... the Easton Haven stems look sleek... reckon they'd be ok for Enduro/DH?
i've had an easton haven 50mm on my trance with 160mm fork up front for 6months+, its been fine. Including shuttling/chairlifting rotorua every day for 4days. I'm not that hard on my gear but i'm not slow. Some people say they flex a little, i can't feel it, maybe that is with ones longer than 50mm. Super light, seems to have a good clamping system and looks good for a stem i got cheap