Renthal now making mtb parts

camtb

Likes Dirt
:O
That looks awesome!
If renthal makes mountain bike bits like they do with motos, there sure to be good!
Might have to look into them for my next ring....

I do find it pretty funny how on all of thei mtb parts it has the same description, "this will allow you to ride faster jump higher and last longer".
haha,

How much will one of them set us back? (RRP)

Last edited:

camtb

Likes Dirt
Haha!
Coming from a motocross background, I reckon there chainrings will last ages, either that or they'll underestimate how much we actually pedal and it will last for 2 weeks.
Will be interesting to see..

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Renthal used to make MTB parts back in the 90s and then withdrew. They made some good stuff.

Hope their pricing is good.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
As far as I'm concerned thay've been making MTB parts for years. Their soft trials grips are the best MTB grips ever made, despite being made for trials motorcycles. They're even worth the expense of having to buy 2 pairs to gat a pair the same diameter.

The chainrings will be good. Have no doubt about that.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
As far as I'm concerned thay've been making MTB parts for years. Their soft trials grips are the best MTB grips ever made, despite being made for trials motorcycles. They're even worth the expense of having to buy 2 pairs to gat a pair the same diameter.

The chainrings will be good. Have no doubt about that.

hahaha took me a while to realise why.

BansheeTwoTwelve

Likes Dirt
I for one welcome the addition from Renthal to the pedaling world.

I wonder if it will push down the prices of some bars, as a set of 764 bend (Dirtbike Bars) costs around $89.99 from your local dirtbike shop, and those things are strong as F**k

Fox started out on dirtbikes, and that was their only output for a number of years, if not decades. But with stock suspension like Showa and Kayaba coming such a long way, no one is willing to dish out thousands for a Fox rig on their bike that handles no better than stock.

With mountain bikes Fox is the obvious choice. Same from Marzocchi, the Original Shiver USD pushy forks were groundbreaking at the time, and were directly based of their dirtbike siblings.

Wont be long until Ohlins attempts to make the change, and they do wonders in the dirtbike world, their suspension is literally years ahead of Fox.

Damn Sweeds