POS Resurrecting an old STP

nathanm

Eats Squid
Check under headtube and chainstay. Majority ended up cracking or snapping..
When I saw it advertised cheap I thought the same, it must be cracked for sure as it couldn't go this long without abuse. Was really surprised when I picked it up though as it's pretty mint. Just a little cable rub and a lot of rash on the chain stay. Doesn't look like it's seen much use but it's defnitely sat outside for a while. The forks were full of water and rusted out and the wheelset stickers faded. The original wheelset is still in good nick though.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Finished the "re-build" of the old STP with thanks to a bunch of cheap parts from @Plankosaurus. thanks mate you're a legend. After selling off all the excess wheels and picking up all the gear from Planko the bike owe's me less than $100.

When replacing the forks I thought it would be a repeat of the rusty inners but the headset is sealed bearings and pristine, with a plethora of grease which was a surprise. Can't understand how the forks got so bad considering how good everything else was.

So the bike now has -

Front shock/fork - Old School Marzocchi EXR Pro forks
Rear brake - Tektro Level and Shimano Caliper, hose now trimmed to a proper length and bled. Found the pads heavily contaminated so replaced those and cleaned the rotor so now it stops
Cranks - Raceface with a 30t nw ring for proper 1x
Chain - new Shimano HG off ebay, unsure if it's genuine or not, thinking probably a rip off but meh
Rear derailleur - SRAM X5/7. shifting certainly isn't as crisp as my other high end stuff but works
Cassette - I think Planko may have given me an XT one, certainly looks the biz.
Wheels - Currently running the Rhyno lites but will probably swap out to the sweet Stan's set I have

Question is now do I sell it to someone who will use it for the intended purpose, keep it as a museum piece or ride it round the block or to get ice cream with the kids??

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Bike looks like it came up pretty nice. I have an STP2 I muck around on at my local trails, it's no 'enduro weapon' but it does most things I need it to do.
Have the old EXR forks that came off it sitting in the shed, was going to bin them but maybe it's worth chucking them is the sale section?