Riding in the wet?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It would have been nice to see the track run at full pace for sure (or seen coverage of the entire track for that matter), but hats off to all the riders coping with a very testing course in difficult conditions. Event scheduling may be out of the hands of the locals. I suspect the UCI dictates race scheduling to when it suits their agenda.

dunndog

Eats Squid
You're right, and I know the uci aren't the brightest bunch, but surely when scheduling events around the globe they must consider local conditions when allocating dates to venues?

driftking

Wheel size expert
You're right, and I know the uci aren't the brightest bunch, but surely when scheduling events around the globe they must consider local conditions when allocating dates to venues?
Its the weather last week cairns was sunny, it will probably be sunny next week.
Wet racing is part of riding bikes I think without wet riding we lose something from the sport.
Cairns was definately shocking conditions. We have had some of our best races in the wet and in varried conditions.

I think its smart though to sheduale cairns later in the year for sure to minimise the chance of a slope fest.