Rigid fork

sunmonkee

Likes Bikes
HI,

I'm after a rigid for to use on a Cotic Solaris. The specs say that I need to use one wit ha 490 axle to crown measurement. I have had a bit of a look and am struggling to find something that fits? What are the repercussions of using a fork with less of a axle to crow measurement?

Fork must be carbon and 15mm through axle.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The differences in A2C will effect the overall geometry of the bike. So, shorter A2C fork means a steeper HA and steeper SA, whereas longer A2C means a slacker HA and slacker SA. There will also be changes to the ETT, Reach, Stack and wheelbase, although very minor. You can assume that 20mm will effect the SA/HA +/- 1 Degree.

I built up a rigid chinese MTB a couple of years ago now with one of these forks, been going strong ever since. Mostly sees commuting duties, but also some gravel/fireroad only days.

http://www.xmiplay.com/ProductDetails1661

A2C is 485mm, so pretty close to the spec you need. If you do go with the above fork, their supplied Thru-Axle is OK, but I'd probably look into something along the line of a Shimano or DT-Swiss E-thru axle.

Good luck!

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Check out the Carver forks from Bike Man in the US or the Exotic offerings from Carbon Cycles/Disco Brakes in HK