Riki Murata - Canberra - Crazy Japanese Trials Rider

Ryan

Radministrator
Majorly aggro style, I dig it :)

Technical question for trials heads; In a trials comp are you allowed to hop up into pedal stalls (there's probably a "proper" trials name for the technique I'm not aware of) like this guy is doing, or is that considered a dab?

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan said:
Technical question for trials heads; In a trials comp are you allowed to hop up into pedal stalls (there's probably a "proper" trials name for the technique I'm not aware of) like this guy is doing, or is that considered a dab?
Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

But yes you are allowed to, so long as only the pedal, not your foot, touches the ground/obstacle... I think?

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
matty_2004 said:
I've been told by most trials riders that just about every trials bike being ridden to it's full potential with a rear disc has ripped the disc tabs off the frame, hence why they use rim brakes.
Yeah you're right any other bike you would except for the Brisas. They make standard bikes like say a B26 and then make the disc version called the B26D. If you have a look at the link rik posted, you'll see the disc mount is between the chain and seat stays, and thus is super super strong ;)

The other reason you go for a rim brake on a trials bike is on the rear you need maximum power. Thus using the rim, it is the greatest distance from the pivot thus providing the largest amount of torque (aka turning moments aka Newton Metres aka NM) ;)

mike&nat

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wat a freak, he is the freakiest freak of freakness in the freaky world of freaky i have ever seen with my freaky eyes. wwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww
that was a freaky show.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Carlin said:
Ryan said:
Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

But yes you are allowed to, so long as only the pedal, not your foot, touches the ground/obstacle... I think?
There are two different rules sets, UCI and BIU. UCI, you can rest for a max of 3 seconds after that it's a 5 (dabs). In BIU you can sit on it for as long as you like (until your time limit, usually 3 minutes, runs out!)

If anyone wants to know more about the rules just go here for BIU:
http://www.biketrials.com/comp/BIU/index.shtml

And here for UCI:
http://www.biketrials.com/intro/rules.shtml

stocktrials

Likes Dirt
He is smooth I tells ya. I don't know what some of you are on about? Oh well, to each their own. Likewise with style.

Riki is staying at mine from tomorrow then we are goin to Melbourne, along with simon, on Saturday.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he's a freak on a bike.
when he was down in melb we taught him some more....interesting ways to greet people, he then had the bright idea to try it on cops :lol: good thing we stopped him.

If you get the chance go riding with him, great skills, unique style and a great all round bloke.

LEX

Likes Dirt
farkin nuts. He isnt smooth tho but he makes up for it with..... no word to describe it except mby awsome

lotec

Banned
watching him inspired me to buy a trials bike........ after les than 2 days im in love with trials, so much fun :p

He came riding with us in the city once, bout 3 weeks ago. hes fucken nuts. Any how I have a fair bit of footage of him when he did ride with us in d city. If anyone can provide me with some free space or can tell me when I can upload Id be happy to show u some of the footage

spuddy

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
he's a freak on a bike.
when he was down in melb we taught him some more....interesting ways to greet people, he then had the bright idea to try it on cops :lol: good thing we stopped him.
You'd better be telling more for the clueless, Simo.