Riser bars

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The sore hand thing has been bothering me a bit lately too, going to try some more risey bars I have at home and see how they go.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Shorter stem too people! Help yourself to get that weight back off the palms and into your core.
I have very long arms so short stems can be an issue, likely I will try a bit of both because I have a shorter stem and taller bars on another bike. Stem first would make sense because it's heaps easier. I put up with it for a while thinking it was good for climbing to have a more forward position but it isn't worth it. One thing going for me is a bit of core strength I've worked on over the past couple of years.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@steve jobs' pancreas I've run Funn bars on a lot of bikes. For the price they deliver nicely. Bar wise...I like to run a bar that has my hands about shoulder width apart. Rise for me is dictated by my brakes clearing the top tube. Nobody wants to to have a crash and bust their brakes into the top tube. I've ran risers all the way up to 3 inches and all have worked for one reason or another.

If you're moving from flat bars and fear change...15-20mm bars are easy to find.

Race face carbon Next 1/4 rise, 690mm, Thomson X4 stem 50mm, 20mm of spacers.

I don't think I'm gripping the bars correctly and placing too much pressure on my abductor pollicis brevis, flexor pollicis brevis, and opponens pollicis.

Plus I want to junk the carbon and send them back to the hellfire from which they were spawned.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You ride with a road handlebar?!?! Even my unfashionably "narrow" 680mm bar is wider than that!

Or you simply have no fucking idea about proportion.....
Maybe. Might just be different interpretation of words. My thumbs sit on the bars roughly lined up with the outside of my shoulders. I can try some drop bars of it helps you sleep at night? But I'll be rolling them upside down.