Roadtrippin

binner

Hath shat hymself
OK, so I got some dates that I would be happy with for the 2 week road trip.

I'm thinking something like depart Brisbane Sat 4th Nov ...touring thru coffs,syd,canberra,thredbo,buller and anywhere inbetween.

any more input would be good....see what you think..

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
How far is Buller from Thredbo? I reckon we avoid hitting the chairlifted )ie. pay to ride) hills on weekends when we'll hafta contend with the crowds.

binner

Hath shat hymself
toodles said:
How far is Buller from Thredbo? I reckon we avoid hitting the chairlifted )ie. pay to ride) hills on weekends when we'll hafta contend with the crowds.

yep ..no chairs on the weekends.thats time for Urbans and DJ's or sitting with Bill at the local pub talking of old times....

Threddas to bulla is about 6hrs drive....450 klms

Ohh and I would be happy to take 2 others with me...hows bout you Trent? , how many can you take ....or do we hire a delux 5 berth camper and all pitch in??

toodles

Wheel size expert
Hrmm.. I dunno. I can take one more legally schmegally. Or we can chuck all the gear in the van and take a duallie ute for shuttles and stuff. That way we can always lock stuff in the van while we ride. Suppose we do a head count and decide then. We're not taking Milat this time - he always smells when he comes back from his bushwalks.

*edit* oh and we should check if Joe Schmoe wants to either meet us at Buller, or fly up and travel down from Bris.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm keen as ....keen's mustard. I know some trails in between Sydney and Canberra that may be worth having a gander at. They aren't where Milat used to hang out either Toodles....they are some of the old slopes I built when I was a young whipper snapper.

binner

Hath shat hymself
more info

Yo Dozer , that sounds good ....would be awsome for you to hook up with the road trip. Now a bit more info to help with planning.
Some travel times---------

Bris ------> Coffs 400 klms 5.5 hrs

Coffs-----> Sydney 540 klms 7.0 hrs

Sydney---> Thredbo 490 klms 6.5 hrs

Thredbo--> Buller 450 klms 6.0 hrs

couple of places worth stopping for filming

Beechworth, Red Hill, Sparrow hill,Stromlo,Bondi,Melb CBD, Kings cross, Coffs

please add more ...the more info we get the better planning we can do.....

ZAP

binner

Hath shat hymself
toodles said:
Hrmm.. I dunno. I can take one more legally schmegally. Or we can chuck all the gear in the van and take a duallie ute for shuttles and stuff. That way we can always lock stuff in the van while we ride. Suppose we do a head count and decide then. We're not taking Milat this time - he always smells when he comes back from his bushwalks.

*edit* oh and we should check if Joe Schmoe wants to either meet us at Buller, or fly up and travel down from Bris.

Yep sounds good Toodles, I'm keen for any of the boys we met at Coffs to hook up and show us the local spots ......

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a-liner said:
Bris ------> Coffs 400 klms 5.5 hrs

Coffs-----> Sydney 540 klms 7.0 hrs

Sydney---> Thredbo 490 klms 6.5 hrs

Thredbo--> Buller 450 klms 6.0 hrs

ZAP
Wow my car goes faster than that in reverse.......

I would love to go but dont think I can make it. Maybe next year.

Quintin

Eats Squid
out

sorry guys i am out with a busted asshole and bank account. im on staples now - looks like its clear mt for me for a lotta months to come.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
fallboy said:
Wow my car goes faster than that in reverse.......

I would love to go but dont think I can make it. Maybe next year.
Panti liners times are calculated on the 4 pit stops an hour rule which goes with the 6 pack an hour rule which in turn relates to the $20 an hour drinking money and $20 an hour fuel money. Then you throw in the different heights above sea level that you'll encounter on long trips which will make aspiration on a car vary......
Okay, the driver will need to have a full amount of points on their license and be able to comfortably speed without getting girly about it. The trip should have more riding / drinking time that way.
Or......we could all fly to Melbourne, grab a renter or two and make our stops on the way back. This would save the "ohhh...we've done that trail, lets skip it and head off for home because I'm getting sore knees".
Meh.......I dunno.
FB, what sort of gearbox do you have that enables you to go so quick in reverse?

toodles

Wheel size expert
DHDozer said:
FB, what sort of gearbox do you have that enables you to go so quick in reverse?
Must be a French one :p

Just wanna ride... Keep it simple stupid I say... I'd be up for leaving in a month to be honest. So over work right now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
toodles said:
Must be a French one :p

Just wanna ride... Keep it simple stupid I say... I'd be up for leaving in a month to be honest. So over work right now.
A holiday would hit the spot eh? I know of a hostel in Slovakia that has bulk girls to take your load off, great drinks and some interesting locals.......:eek:

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHDozer said:
Its a ford thing mate they have enough torque to push tall gears.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
fallboy said:
Its a ford thing mate they have enough torque to push tall gears.
I thought you barracked for rice burners? I know Ford has got plenty of "talk"......

binner

Hath shat hymself
DHDozer said:
Panti liners times are calculated on the 4 pit stops an hour rule which goes with the 6 pack an hour rule which in turn relates to the $20 an hour drinking money and $20 an hour fuel money. Then you throw in the different heights above sea level that you'll encounter on long trips which will make aspiration on a car vary......
Okay, the driver will need to have a full amount of points on their license and be able to comfortably speed without getting girly about it. The trip should have more riding / drinking time that way.
Or......we could all fly to Melbourne, grab a renter or two and make our stops on the way back. This would save the "ohhh...we've done that trail, lets skip it and head off for home because I'm getting sore knees".
Meh.......I dunno.

these times were based on if we saw something that was worth stopping to film/try/nail we could....

I think 6 dudes would be good.....if we took my ute & toodles van that would be perfect. We got the van to lock stuff up in and my ute to run shuttles or go scouting in. I don't mind the miles on the clock because I'm hoping to ditch the ute after this epic adventure.

If people are happy to camp or use caravan cabins on the trip I think we could do it within a budget.

ps I'm locked in for flying down to Stromlo in the new year for the race.

any suggestions?...if you haven't got anything + or relevent to say then don't post. I really would like to sort something out before it get too late & see how many of you guys are keen...

Last edited:

DH_DEVIL

Likes Dirt
so who is definitely considering this

i think it could be better if you waited abit longer, more ppl and more dosh to play with

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I PM'ed panty liner earlier and told him I can't get the time off work so I'm out. I asked the boss if I could quit two days in advance and re apply for my job one month later. He couldn't refuse because I'm the only one in this town with the know how to do my job. He cut me away when he said the company would close down the day I left and there'd be no way of restarting it.
Okay, simply I just can't get the time off. Bummer......

toodles

Wheel size expert
damn dozer... my situation isn't as fucked as yours but it's close... today my boss resigned effective Oct 15th. The general manager is freaking because it leaves only me with the know how to keep the factory running and I'm an unreliable alcoholic witha penchant for getting injured and missing work. Hopefully the company goes bust quickly enough that I'll be unemployed and available for roadtrippin