Roadtrippin

binner

Hath shat hymself
hella yeah

All sounds Kosher to me boys.I may just bail on flying down and drive tandem with you Toods.
The only thang that I gotta stick to is staying with Kristin and Mads for Monday (30th) and Tues (31st) morning to have quality family time before they jet off noon on Tues.

Accom at thredbo YHA is cool..I'll book it tomorrow. Mark, did you book under your surname (Ha#$*s ) ?. If so I'll follow your lead and get in the same room.

mmmmmmmmmmm only 8 weeks away......:D

udi

swiss cheese
I may just bail on flying down and drive tandem with you Toods.
That sounds sweet, would save that black kid stealing your ute and never coming back with it too...

Toodle - could we cram the bikes in the van for the YHA stay or won't we fit em all in?

I'll get michael to reply here with what he wants to do tonight and we can start locking stuff in. Oh and I bags being cave dweller for thredbo too, we look every bit alike (apart from him supposedly being a foot taller than me :p).

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Accom at thredbo YHA is cool..I'll book it tomorrow. Mark, did you book under your surname (Ha#$*s ) ?. If so I'll follow your lead and get in the same room.
I didn't book yet, as I was waiting for the general consensus. I'll go ahead now though. Every man for himself, book yourself a bed. I'm sure we can fandangle the same room when we check in.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Oh and I bags being cave dweller for thredbo too, we look every bit alike (apart from him supposedly being a foot taller than me :p).
You look far more atractive though. Only condition is that you need to live up to my name sake and find a "cave" to "dwell" in, plenty of swedish ones around there at that time of year, shouldn't be too hard....... :D

binner

Hath shat hymself
I didn't book yet, as I was waiting for the general consensus. I'll go ahead now though. Every man for himself, book yourself a bed. I'm sure we can fandangle the same room when we check in.
Yup ..I'll book in the morning for Mon & Tues nite ok? ;)

and I'll have an empty dual cab ute if anyone want's to tag.....

toodles

Wheel size expert
Book me a bunk too dude... Where we staying at Stromlo?

Anyone have a link to the Thredbo hostel?

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WTF???? I checked 3 days ago and it was $30 a night and now it says $50 a night!!! WTF is going on. I'll call tomorrow and find out.

S.

ex offender
Ladies and gentlemen.... mostly ladies:

What's the deal with Thredbo accom now? I read through the thread and am thoroughly confused - staying at the YHA (which btw provides a room for bikes; it's the drying room for skis and shit in winter) or Cedar Creek?

My car is currently fucked (as in, possible writeoff), just waiting to hear back about whether the problems are worth repairing (will hear by monday - when I get back from Tassie) - how soon are you guys wanting to have accom booked? The state of transport will have some bearing on whether I get up to Sydney or whatever (might fly up if anyone's willing to gimme a lift from the airport), but I'm guessing the YHA is unlikely to run out of beds for those dates between now and monday?

BTW - Thredbo to Buller is at LEAST 6 hours... if you're quick. 7-7.5 is more reasonable.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ladies and gentlemen.... mostly ladies:

What's the deal with Thredbo accom now? I read through the thread and am thoroughly confused - staying at the YHA (which btw provides a room for bikes; it's the drying room for skis and shit in winter) or Cedar Creek?

YHA is the go.

binner

Hath shat hymself
WTF???? I checked 3 days ago and it was $30 a night and now it says $50 a night!!! WTF is going on. I'll call tomorrow and find out.
$50 for the 2 nites + $3.50 a nite for non YHA members.

total= $57.00 for 2 nites accom

Quintin

Eats Squid
hey guys

i think you may have a visitor for buller. if you leave stromlo on the monday could i safely assume you will be at buller for the monday night?

im thinking about flying into melb and somehow getting out there on the monday.

need to know if accom has been allocated and if i can fit in.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Might see you guys down at Stromlo if you're going, going down meself and hope to crash at MJ's place. Just need to save up $600.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
hey guys

i think you may have a visitor for buller. if you leave stromlo on the monday could i safely assume you will be at buller for the monday night?

I was thinking that as well, i couldn't find any info on busses from melbourne to buller though, only winter services.

binner

Hath shat hymself
hey guys

..got thrifty?

oh and here's a planner from RACQ to help in working out times/distance to be travelled http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/racq_cms_production/hs.xsl/trip_planner_ENA_HTML.htm

Last edited: