Rock n roll lube, what's better

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might have to look into a waxing station I reckon. I'd be lucky to get 100kms before a re-lube with RnR Gold. And with 5 bikes in regular rotation with my wife, son and myself the lube seems to go quickly. 3 to 400kms on a waxed chain sounds nice.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Might have to look into a waxing station I reckon. I'd be lucky to get 100kms before a re-lube with RnR Gold. And with 5 bikes in regular rotation with my wife, son and myself the lube seems to go quickly. 3 to 400kms on a waxed chain sounds nice.
According to Silca, a road bike chain will last 200 miles (320km) before it needs to be cleaned and lubed, and less than that on an MTB.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
That distance might be pushing it a bit. The best I've got would be close to 300, 250 would be about the normal distance.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm on the fence with hot waxing on an ebike. Still lasts really well on my other bikes.

Was going through the Linkglide chains quicker than what I should be with hot wax, only getting 800km with Silca secret hot wax on the eeb before full stretch.

Now using a Linklide with standard chain gunk, then added Silca drip wax and its got 1000km on it with nowhere near the stretch limit.

After predominantly using Squirt since 2009 (13 yrs) and a few others tried along the way till my waxing venture about 18 months ago, I have found the Silca drip wax chain coating less messy than Squirt and doesn't attract as much dirt, also leaves a cleaner cassette and chainring.

Saying that, I still have a bottle of Squirt here and will use it on the eeb when the Silca runs out. Its no big deal cleaning the wax build up off occasionally.

Still happy with hot wax on my regular bikes but the torque of the eeb seems to fark the pins/rollers and make hot waxing not as well performing.

Got one of these on the way, that should take the guess work out of whatever one of my manual checkers is actually correct. Though I have always erred on the side of caution and went with the tightest one.

kmc-digital-chain-checker.jpg