Rocky Trail survey

0psi

Eats Squid
Done. Nice work, good to see a race promoter actively finding out what their customers want.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
J and I talked about the music on the way home from the 12 hour: impossible to please everyone. We get a lot of feedback from riders who love it, others not so much. So this is what we will do in the future: the event centre must be pumping! At the same time I understand that if you want to chill out in your tents after a lap you don't want to shout over the music. So in future we will mark out sections on the camping areas that say: chill out zone - a bit further away from the event centre, and rocking zone - close to the event centre and pointing towards the track.

We aim to please everyone even if that is very hard sometimes :)

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Nsw

Should be more notice that this applies to NSW people.

I answered a lot of the questions then got near the end and found it was all not relevant

Delmar

Likes Dirt
J and I talked about the music on the way home from the 12 hour: impossible to please everyone. We get a lot of feedback from riders who love it, others not so much. So this is what we will do in the future: the event centre must be pumping! At the same time I understand that if you want to chill out in your tents after a lap you don't want to shout over the music. So in future we will mark out sections on the camping areas that say: chill out zone - a bit further away from the event centre, and rocking zone - close to the event centre and pointing towards the track.

We aim to please everyone even if that is very hard sometimes :)
Onya Martin. This is good. Yes, it is too loud and I am too old... My last mosh pit was at an Oils gig in the 90's... :)

loc81

Likes Dirt
Recently filled this out after a mate told me about it- again, great to see concern for the customer!
As for the music? It's your event and if this is the music you enjoy so much then more power to ya. But if you are taking feedback, my 2c is look after No.1 but throw in a good serving of Rock & Roll and turn it up louder!!!! I can think of 50 "pumping" rock songs off the top of my head that would do no harm to the vibe of the event center. There's room for lovers of Armand Van Helden AND Eddie Van Halen!! Hope you guys get clear skies for this weekend..
:Banane08:

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Yeh, less techno and a bit more Rock n Roll for sure. I dont mind the loudness because I generally don't spend much time in the event centre.
I pulled a heart string after 7hrs in the recent 12hr and said to my mate " now I now why I normally keep riding..........so I dont have to listen to all this techno!!!".
But seriously the Saturday races are a great idea, but some of us struggle to get to a Sat race during winter sport season. And seriously, races on a long weekend are very hard to get past the Minister of Fun and Finance.
In saying that, when I do get to an RTE event, it never fails to put a smile on my dial, keep up the good work!

loc81

Likes Dirt
. ..And seriously, races on a long weekend are very hard to get past the Minister of Fun and Finance..
Why do I keep hearing terms like this and "fun police" on here and in the sport in general??
Seriously, we are riding push bikes not dealing drugs in front of a poker machine. My wife would be gutted if I even considered her to be a minister of anything! Sounds like you're scared of your wife dude..
I'm not sure what is so tricky about Saturday races but people seem 50/50 on the issue. MTB events aren't sprung on us a week before the race, they take months of planning and it really shouldn't be that hard to book in (for example the GP series) 4 dates a year to fly solo, catch up with mates or hell, bring the family for a weekend away in that area as you cant get much more family friendly than these events as I'm sure you've seen.

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Why do I keep hearing terms like this and "fun police" on here and in the sport in general??
Seriously, we are riding push bikes not dealing drugs in front of a poker machine. My wife would be gutted if I even considered her to be a minister of anything! Sounds like you're scared of your wife dude..
I'm not sure what is so tricky about Saturday races but people seem 50/50 on the issue. MTB events aren't sprung on us a week before the race, they take months of planning and it really shouldn't be that hard to book in (for example the GP series) 4 dates a year to fly solo, catch up with mates or hell, bring the family for a weekend away in that area as you cant get much more family friendly than these events as I'm sure you've seen.
Read the post dude......it's not actually about the minister of who cares what? Some of us have multiple kids and actually like to go watch them play their winter team sports, and plan long weekends away months in advance, pretty simple really. Most people who know me, know I get to race when I want, with the Minister's blessing.
What scares me is that someone would think I'm serious when I call my wife the Minister of Fun and Finance..........lighten up dude.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Read the post dude......it's not actually about the minister of who cares what? Some of us have multiple kids and actually like to go watch them play their winter team sports, and plan long weekends away months in advance, pretty simple really. Most people who know me, know I get to race when I want, with the Minister's blessing.
What scares me is that someone would think I'm serious when I call my wife the Minister of Fun and Finance..........lighten up dude.
Your right, it was a bit serious. Apologies for firing up in your direction,
you can call your wife whatever the hell you want really!
I wasn't pointing the finger at you specifically, I just see, read and hear this a lot in the sport and it leaves me completely stumped. I won't go on as it deserves a thread of its own, but -to me- Sunday is for relaxing after a big Saturday drive and ride, which is usually the case with how spread out the locations are in the state.

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Your right, it was a bit serious. Apologies for firing up in your direction,
you can call your wife whatever the hell you want really!
No need for apologies mate, it's all in good fun.

P.S. I'm too scared too call the wife whatever I want, but thanks anyway. :biggrin1: