Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

muvro

Likes Dirt
Can't wait!

I was just down at Stromlo on saturday. I reckon up Cockatoo Switchbacks, Bluegum, all the way to the top, down Roller Coaster, into Skyline, into luge. Such an awesome loop. :D

Also, I know that there is the normal closing of the gate at around 6pm? But I'm hoping the exit gate will be held open a little longer, as I have to work on saturday. What time will the gate be left open till?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Here is the track we will use:
Up Bluegum, down Western Wedgetail, NEW Pork Barrell, Partyline and back.
Gentle climbing, massive descent and flat section back to recover. All up about 13.2 km with just under 300m of climbing per lap.

We rode it for the last 2 days and couldn't stop smiling. Soooo much fun. The second half of Pork Barrell has been completely redone and is crazy fast now.

Registration will remain open until Friday night 8pm.
We will keep the gates open on Saturday until about 8pm.

I posted a track profile on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/rockytrailentertainment

See you Sunday!

Trailburner, I was curious as to whether the numbers to support SS categories in either the 4hr and/or 7hr had occurred?
Cheers

trailburner

Need a new set of wheels? All you need to do is upload a picture of you at Sunday's Shimano MTB GP to Cell Bike's facebook page and you get the chance to win a a set of Easton XC-1 wheels. The winner will be announced next week.

tabmow

Squid
Camping? Food?

I'm thinking of camping at Mt Stromlo on Sat night and wondering what facilities will be available?
Will the toilets and showers be open? Any food available?

Can't wait to race the Rocky Trail series as they have been awesome events in the past. Well run with a great vibe(s) on the track and about.

trailburner

I'm thinking of camping at Mt Stromlo on Sat night and wondering what facilities will be available?
Will the toilets and showers be open? Any food available?

Can't wait to race the Rocky Trail series as they have been awesome events in the past. Well run with a great vibe(s) on the track and about.
Showers and toilets will be open, food won't be there until Sunday morning... and thanks for the praise!

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Thanks RTE crew for a great day and a greater course. I have been reminded this morning how brutal Stromlo can be, but more so how brutal lack of training/riding can be. It's was great to be back in the saddle and feeling the burn though, bring on rnd 2 :tickled_pink:

taibo

Eats Squid
Had an awesome day racing!
A big thanks must got out to Simon and the boys at the fox tent for sorting out my fork post race! I now have a set of super supple(and clean)fox forks! Also Andrew from Shimano for giving my brakes the once over!

Shame it's almost 3 months between the next race :)

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Yup thanks Martin and Juliane for another awesome event, everything hurts today after 110+km of Stromlo but still loved it.

Rida

Likes Bikes
Hi Trailburner, Just wondering if there going to be any photos from Round 1 to buy or download?

trailburner