Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

loc81

Likes Dirt
They're either talking about the actual sugarloaf dh track which is a fair way from where the race is and even still it's fine for a trail bike or the other track they're talking about which is still fine on a little bike isn't getting used, but nah none of the trails in the area are what you'd call gnarly or wild downhill tracks, its actually crazy that the trails there are only just now being tapped into by the 'all mountain' scene
Ah ok that makes a bit more sense- cheers for clearing that up!

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We have been out to Killi again and rode the track we wanted to run blind: it's the Sugarloaf trail and it's a bit on the wild side. We are still working on the trails but the blind run might unfortunately not happen in the way I planned it. The climb up includes a few hike a bike sections but on the way down there are sections that are massively rutted. The entire track is on very loose sand which is awesome to ride but every rainfall ruts it out more.

We have now 3 (preliminary) trails:
RC1_2015map.jpg

Trail 2 will be hard to find as some sections don't exist yet :) It's not just down the fireroad.
Trail 3 is the bottom part of the Sugarloaf trail. Not sure yet how far up we will go to start. It's fairly flat at the bottom but is just one bermed corner after the other. I had so much fun railing them that I decided to put them in after the first ride.

We'll be back out there tomorrow in the afternoon.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Just so there's no confusion trail burner that trail isn't sugarloaf dh, you'll get people out practicing sugarloaf dh track which upsets the guy that lives at the bottom now haha

trailburner

Just so there's no confusion trail burner that trail isn't sugarloaf dh, you'll get people out practicing sugarloaf dh track which upsets the guy that lives at the bottom now haha
Thanks for that - there are no houses anywhere near the tracks we will be riding. So if you end up in someone's backyard you have gone the wrong way!

Bamm

Likes Bikes
It's

Gunna be rough, ungroomed, dusty, sweaty, ( more than likely some blood) uncomfortable, loose, prepare for dehydration, pushing damn bike up hills, getting lost, getting confused, Australia day long weekend hangover, laughter, ohhh bloody hot weather. Can't wait. Bring it on bitches

loc81

Likes Dirt
Gunna be rough, ungroomed, dusty, sweaty, ( more than likely some blood) uncomfortable, loose, prepare for dehydration, pushing damn bike up hills, getting lost, getting confused, Australia day long weekend hangover, laughter, ohhh bloody hot weather. Can't wait. Bring it on bitches
I had a vague attempt to check out some of the lines on the weekend & this seems to sum it up! I'll keep the hangover for Monday morning though

If there's any further trail work that needs an extra set of hands, get in touch and I'll be glad to chip in one arvo.

trailburner

Will the tracks be marked and ready for practice on Saturday?
Definitely. There were some changes in regards to the tracks posted in the last map. Working on a map now.
Thanks to Phil and Dave for all your help in scouting the trails and help getting them ready!

trailburner

We'll be working hard to keep the lost and confused part to a minimum but I can't promise anything about the rest :)

haltz

Likes Dirt
done a loop of the 3 stages out killi this morning, heres an elevation chart for anyones interest, ignore the first and last couple km's as i rode out from home. The 3 obvious spikes in elevation are basically the starts of each stage and go for a couple kms each, the first one being the best of the 3 should be a very very popular stage, the other 2 are far more xc oriented but still have no real climbing just bring your best set of legs and lungs. Will be a fun race!
killielevation.jpg

loc81

Likes Dirt
Straight down the F3/M1, take the Toronto exit.
Got a map?
Aim for:
3 The Boulevard
Killingworth
Not far after that is the dirt road to the trail head.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
The Kempsey and Port Macquarie gang will be camping Saturday night out at Killi. No doubt spending the evening carbo loading, reviewing data and gopro footage (especially if someone stuffs up practising). More the merrier.

loc81

Likes Dirt
How's this rain eh?
Looks like it will be hanging around too. The top 2 tracks should be good and if anything there will be no dust. The Glorify (green) track has some low spots & ruts that will hold water for many days after rain so it will be tricky to get a good rhythm that's for sure. Like Haltz said, legs and lungs will be the order of the day- God help me..
A bit of mud around is good news for anyone rockin' the #enduro fashion train wreck known as goggles and a xc lid- just bring the peel-offs!

Last edited:

loc81

Likes Dirt
Shit yeah to the rain! Had 80mm here so far this morning since 630. What's glorify trail?
New map on RT site? The red run I ride on Saturday doesn't seem to match up exactly but I couldn't see any other options so..

haltz

Likes Dirt
Ohhhh didn't realised he'd named them haha they all have different names from the killi guys but sweet as, yeah that bh one I'm guessing you might have went over the double in the carpark then straight down and ended up going across a bridge at the end of the descent? The track he's using is off to the side a bit and kind of hidden i guess, from the carpark to end of that stage is a full blown sprint pedal fest fun but of trail though, I think a vomit bin could come in handy at the end of that one haha there's actually a pretty good chance the bridge on that stage will be gone, again, it only just got fixed but it seems to get washed away fairly easily

Last edited:

loc81

Likes Dirt
Ohhhh didn't realised he'd named them haha they all have different names from the killi guys but sweet as, yeah that bh one I'm guessing you might have went over the double in the carpark then straight down and ended up going across a bridge at the end of the descent? The track he's using is off to the side a bit and kind of hidden i guess, from the carpark to end of that stage is a full blown sprint pedal fest fun but of trail though, I think a vomit bin could come in handy at the end of that one haha there's actually a pretty good chance the bridge on that stage will be gone, again, it only just got fixed but it seems to get washed away fairly easily
Yep I did ride that long windy sprint and yep, it broke me ha ha. My confusion is the top quarter of the BH/red trail, as what I rode -at first- kept me on the left hand side of the fire road then shooting across to the right- it all made sense after that. So either I'm nit-picking over a guideline map or there is some mystery trail being cut in at the 11th hour!

trailburner

Yep I did ride that long windy sprint and yep, it broke me ha ha. My confusion is the top quarter of the BH/red trail, as what I rode -at first- kept me on the left hand side of the fire road then shooting across to the right- it all made sense after that. So either I'm nit-picking over a guideline map or there is some mystery trail being cut in at the 11th hour!
Nah, my map is not that accurate - no mystery trails :)
After a bit of feedback we might change that top section of the BH trail and have it more straightlined. Plenty of pedalling at the bottom so we don't need that pinch. The Gloryfy trail might gain another few hundred metres too as Rizzo+friends have found a different access trail that brings us out a little higher than our current map.