Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

Hi all, I spoke to a couple of you at the last race talking about convincing your female partners to enter a gravity enduro race. So I wanted to share a little write up I did (with the help of Juliane Wisata who sponsored the photos) for Silent Revolution on women racing the Flow Rollercoaster series. Might get you, your partner, your friend, your sister, your mum a little pumped to join in the fun. Cheers!

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Rnd 2 Kempsey camping & accommodation

The Kempsey Golf Club is offering free camping for the Saturday night (June 28) and putting on a dinner & mountain bike movie night. Camping will not be powered but toilet facilities (in clubhouse) available and breakfast Sunday morning.

KMORC will be doing a social ride Saturday afternoon from 3pm to 5pm for those wanting to get some local knowledge on the trails.

If you want to rest before Sundays race bring your golf clubs http://www.kempseygolf.com.au/

If camping is not you scene and would like a motel then next door to the golf club is the http://www.kempseymotorinn.com.au/

The Kempsey Golf club is the event centre for the race with the trails starting and finishing there.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Many people heading up to Glenworth Valley this wkd for the first round of the Aus National All mountain Series?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Nah, unfortunately I moved house the weekend before last, so there's still a lot of chaos to deal with! I was really psyched to get up there though, especially to get a look at the track before the Rollercoaster Round ;)

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Thredbo flow trail status

Anyone seen or heard the state of the Thredbo flow trail (assuming that's what is being used for the Champs)?

Word from a mate riding Thredbo at Xmas was the flow trail was fairly destroyed (braking bumps in & through the berms) and after one run parked his Bronson & hired a downhill bike & did the downhill track for the rest of his stay.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
The flow trail has sharper corners, less experienced riders and three times the traffic, and is 95% dirt so it is not as sustainable and has bumps, as to be expected.

Hopefully they will do some work on it before the race (they changed the DH track significantly and fixed brake bumps etc for the Australian national series DH race)

:wave:

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Flow track use on sunday

Martin, sorry if it has already been asked, but some friends will only come with me to the Thredbo Flow race if they can ride the Flow track on Sunday as well (presumably with another ticket).

Is this possible given the tracks no longer cross?

Otherwise they probably wont attend...

Cheers mate

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
The flow trail has sharper corners, less experienced riders and three times the traffic, and is 95% dirt so it is not as sustainable and has bumps, as to be expected.
Still hasn't answered my question....has the flow trail been repaired/maintained since Christmas holidays because I'm trying to promote riders to come.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Here is some more info about the Thredbo weekend coming up:

If you want to practice on Friday or ride on Sunday you can get a lift pass at the reduced rate of $30 available at the Thredbo shop.

There is no need for an official induction but everyone who hasn't been to Thredbo before will get a quick chairlift instruction Friday or Saturday morning.

Both the tracks for the RedAss DH and the Rollercoaster will be open at the same time over the entire weekend. As there is a new bridge and track layout they don't cross anymore.
The Thredbo crew is putting in more work to get the tracks in prime condition - due to some new lines the DH track is expected to be faster than ever before.

Looking forward to it! See you all there.

Is anybody heading back from Thredbo to Sydney on the Saturday evening with a spare seat for rider and bike? I have good hygiene and will chip in for petrol and jokes

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Is anybody heading back from Thredbo to Sydney on the Saturday evening with a spare seat for rider and bike? I have good hygiene and will chip in for petrol and jokes
I Doubt it's any help to you, but i'm heading back sunday arvo, do have room for an person and a bike.