Ryno - fraudulent seller?

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Do you mean because it's totally against the trading rules? Or because it's just monumentally stupid? As soon as this money is paid back I'm banning you in more ways than you ever thought possible.

Also, if anyone's got contact details for any of the people using the account, I'd quite enjoy ringing both his parents AND the local cop-shop to let them know the young fellows have been engaging in fraud over the internet. There's a life lesson they won't soon forget.
Hmm i don't know about that one. Im still holding my breath for that pm about my moderatorshipness. In all seriousness, i think you may be over-stepping your bounds by calling his parents, its not something that i'd do lightly, and given the circumstances the punishment doesnt quite fit the crime.

Ryan

Radministrator
Your right guys, I think I'll let this one slide so I can focus my energies more fully on the true scourge of these forums; photos of people without helmets.

Little known fact; every time you think of riding without a helmet, God rapes a puppy.

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Little known fact; every time you think of riding without a helmet, God rapes a puppy.
hahaha nice fact:p.

I think a public (e-apology) is in order here, I think he should apologise to the person (people) he ripped off, refund funds, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, but I suppose this is just one of those things.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, as it says somewhere:confused: there is more than 1 person who uses the Ryno account. I didn't see the message as i don't go on the site everyday. I honestly never ment to steal any money and i'm sorry. As soon as it's sent i will post it and be off
So you completely forgot about the part you sold and continued to ignore/forget/whatever the guy for 3 months? Your a total low life piece of scum dude. I really cant imagine someone being so thick to do such a thing, I’ve forgotten about posting stuff before but that was for no more then a day, and I apologise as soon as its over a day late. If you or any of your mates ever need to buy a part from me, I will have great pleasure in telling you to fuck off.

$1 or $1000 its still theft/fraud. Your lucky you spoke when you did too.
Good luck in selling/buying now,:rolleyes:.

I hope this post doesn’t count as an insult, my blood was just really boiling after reading this thread.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Try using www.stgeorge.com.au That is probably the reason Ryno's having trouble getting the money through. Either that or he is just a fool who thinks ripping someone off is a good way to make friends...........
Pay up Ryno.

smp976

Likes Bikes
Got a reply this morning:

ryno said:
Hey mate.

Im sending the cash back. I've had a need for the adaptor. Sorry about this, i hope this doesn't discourage you from trading with me in the future.

cheers
Got my money back so all is good, but i would advise anyone thinking of trading with ryno to be extremely cautious. I paid him within a day of finalising the sale and it took countless messages, 2 emails, this posting, and 2 months to finally get a response. And the reason...he decides he doesn't want to sell after accepting full payment. Go figure!

Scott

smp976

Likes Bikes
Just read all the other replies and a big thanks goes out to everyone for helping out. I know it was not over big bucks but it it still the principle of the thing. It just pisses me off because the majority of us are trying to do the right thing and 99% of trades work out, but it just takes one d*#$head to screw us all around.

Ill post on here when i see the cash in my account. Ha ha i'm not holding my breath judging on his replies to this thread.

Thanks to the admin and the mods for jumping right on it and thanks again everyone!!

cheers
Scott

Dug

Likes Dirt
Your right guys, I think I'll let this one slide so I can focus my energies more fully on the true scourge of these forums; photos of people without helmets.

Go get em mate I have had to book in for therapy so I can wear my helmet in public and feel comfortable again after looking at the pictures in question.

Come to think of it I have had the urge to sniff small dogs butts too??:(

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah rightio, we can leave it at that for now. Throwing abuse over the net is not going to solve anything. Next abusive post gets a 7 day holiday from farkin.net.

completely off topic.
i nominate 'Ross for a month long ban, im sick of his way of putting things into his own gracious and pretentious perspective of him being always right.

his annoying ramble about how this and that should be and how he is the coolest with the world's uglyiest fixie.

arpit

Banned
Glad you managed to sort this! I'd have probably forgotten about it after that long.

However, I hardly think returning your money compensates you adequately. I think you would be justified in asking for the sum of money which you would need to buy the brake adaptor he agreed he would send you, and which you expected he'd send. In addition to that, you should get interest for that sum calculated over 3 months. Hell, if I were you I'd want him to pay my hourly wage for the time I spent investigating the fraud.

Of course, it would all just be quibbling over dollars and cents, and certainly not worth your time. I point it out to illustrate that he hasn't compensated you fully, and that the wrong has not been righted.

More importantly, I don't believe he has adequately apologised to you. 'Sorry, give me some more money and if you get lucky I might return it in three months' (paraphrased) doesn't sound like a genuine apology to me. It certainly doesn't sound like he regrets his actions in any way.

I suspect that, should Ryno retain trading access, naive members of the farkin community may be duped into falling victim to this criminal, who, judging by his complete lack of remorse, will quickly become recidivist.

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.

Can you deal with the photos of people dirt jumping with their jocks showing as well? It tends to be the same photos so it shouldn't take you too much extra effort...

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Reading this thread, if this guy is such a terrible trader, why hasn't anyone left appropriate feedback at any stage ? I just had a look at his iTrader, and it tells the story of an excellent trader (bar the latest entry)

Honest feedback is what the iTrader system is there for. Had there been honest feedback from the people ragging on him in this very thread, maybe smp976 would have thought twice about purchasing in the first place.

Just a thought.

PS - I think what ryno has done is despicable, it undermines the whole trust issue in dealing with web based transactions, however the system is just as much to blame. Hopefully this highlights to people that feedback is very important, its not just a big number beside your login name to look cool.

Last edited:

matty_101

Likes Dirt
completely off topic.
i nominate 'Ross for a month long ban, im sick of his way of putting things into his own gracious and pretentious perspective of him being always right.

his annoying ramble about how this and that should be and how he is the coolest with the world's uglyiest fixie.
Haha agreed, however, theres no chance that that will happen, just add him to your ingnore list and problem solved.

projectsplat

The film guy
chiming in a bit late in the conversation...... but after having a look at his profile, I would have to be a bit suspect of any 16 year old that apparently owns 3 large downhill bikes (of similar spec), and two jump hard tails (of similar spec).

seems a little fishy to me.

from http://forums.farkin.net/member.php?u=13769
Bike/s:
Kona Stab
Kona Stinky
STP Zero
Demo 8
spank smoke

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
completely off topic.

Nah, you shit me waaay more than he does. Think I'll ban you for a week. :)

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chiming in a bit late in the conversation...... but after having a look at his profile, I would have to be a bit suspect of any 16 year old that apparently owns 3 large downhill bikes (of similar spec), and two jump hard tails (of similar spec).

seems a little fishy to me.

from http://forums.farkin.net/member.php?u=13769
Bike/s:
Kona Stab
Kona Stinky
STP Zero
Demo 8
spank smoke
Yeh thats because three guys share the one account. I sort of know the one with the spank and kona stinky, and hes a bloody wanker! Hes calls me a wranger when I dont even have red hair :(.