Sales troubles re bent frame:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Was hoping some of you may be able to offer some advice re the situation I've managed to get myself into.
In September I purchased a frame off a guy I kind of knew with the intentions of building it up.
In the end however, I decided to sell the frame and focus on saving for my trip OS at the end of the year.
Anyway, I sold the frame to a mate of mine, and it turns out that when he built it up, that the rearend of the frame turned out to be bent. Now obviously I've organised to refund the money and take back the frame, but am not sure what else I can do.
I've attempted to contact the guy that I bought the frame off to let him know that it was bent, but he's either retarded at using his phone or doesn't want to acknowledge it. Is there anything I can do in this situation, or am a shit out of luck? I'm a reasonably poor uni student so whilst the amount of money I'm losing isn't enormous, I'd definitely like it back if possible.
Any advice is much appreciated!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hmm, sounds like a sticky pile of pooh.
Is it bent enough that it can't be straightened fairly easily and built up as good as new? You may be able to straighten it enough and sell it as a previously bent but not bent anymore frame and disclose that info in the sale.

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Would have thought it should have been considered 2nd hand, and as such you owe the "mate" you sold it to absolutely nothing! As harch as it sounds, he bought the frame buyer beware... as such he should be "Sh!t" out of luck, not you!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep, steel is like fit young girls, they can be bent into the exact shape you want them to be when you put heat on it and swear at it a shit load. ;)