Sam hill riding for specialized

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
My personal opinion is that all this moving to Specialized and Trek is total sh!t. I can why people think that that would be the place to go as they (Cannondale, Specialized, Trek) have a ton of money and no top riders

specialized are still sponsering darren berrecloth and kyle straight
although they dont ride dh they are still winning events they enter

specialized are still sponsering darren berrecloth and kyle straight
although they dont ride dh they are still winning events they enter
For the record, Kyle Strait is arguably one of the best all-round riders on the planet and has been racing WC's since 2003, and Darren Berrecloth IS Mr Freeride. Both are dedicated, both are great competitors and both are in the top echelon of riders. There are far more "freeeriders" out there in the world than there are DH racers so sponsoring those two guys makes perfect sense- and they do help shift units due their profile in the sport.

Cranx

Likes Bikes
Has anyone ever noticed that the IH and Trek logos are the same shape.
I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I think a couple million Sundays just went up for sale. It will be so funny to watch all of the spoilt little band wagon riding kids jump ship. "Mummy i need this bike now, buy it for me!"

Good luck to Sam...

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Has anyone ever noticed that the IH and Trek logos are the same shape.
I just thought I'd throw that out there.
You are such a stirrer Cranx!:)

But, http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/trek-to-sponsor-downhill-mountain-bike-team-in-2009-18004?CPN=RSS&SOURCE=BRMTBRACE

23 Degrees Sports Management announced today that it will be returning to Mountain Bike World Cup racing in 2009 with a brand new team, with Trek Bicycles as a title sponsor.

Previous years have seen 23 Degrees win the many World Cup titles with their teams Global Racing, and most recently Team G Cross Honda, and the new team will have very similar goals.

Through this partnership, 23 Degrees will now be able to create a World Class MTB team with Trek Bicycles, a company which has a proven track record in producing the best racing machines in the world. The team will compete in the World Cup disciplines of downhill and cross country.

Trek's history of world class competition includes an impressive resume: 8 Tour de France wins, countless classics, multiple MTB World Cup wins, and an impressive array of endurance titles — all within the last decade.

23 Degrees Founder and CEO Martin Whiteley commented on the new partnership: "We're extremely excited to be part of Trek's ambitions for top level World Cup racing and results in 2009 onwards, and we're doubly excited to be returning to the race scene, one that has served our company well over the past 8 years".

Further details on the team, sponsors and rider line-up will be released at a later date once they are fully confirmed.

There are rumours that the team is talking to two-time world downhill champion Sam Hill and current women’s world downhill champion Rachel Atherton, although no riders have been confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
God what a crock this thread has become! AWESOME!

Back on topic, now Ellsworth has licensed ICT (which, if I'm correct is still and FSR variation) to IH, if Sam stayed at IH, he'd be riding an Ellsworth design which is really a Specialized FSR/Horst Link!

Maybe the thread topic was 'right' in the end! ;)

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
do they really expect to get rachel atherton? what a crock of shit, theres probably zero chance of her leaving her brothers

kemmis

Likes Dirt
that would be sweet sam riding for trek. It will be good where ever he goes just as long as he is still shredding.:D also Cam Mcaul rides for trek as does shandro so they are probably pretty good bikes, not to mention the look BEAUTIFUL.:D

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope everyone sells there sundays, because i wouldnt mind getting one for cheap :)

I don't really care where Sam goes for sponsorship, I though he suited iron horse well though :(

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
not just crashed like broke very bone in his body and like decided to hit it another two more times on a bike that looks like a frikken low rider gone wrong any ways back on to sam i reckon hell be sweet with specialized its just couldnt really see hime on a bighit lol
yer jammo, he would be on a demo, or some crazy sam hill custom.

any way that link: http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/ar...-in-2009-18004

Total bullshit i think, Rach Athertonwon't ditch her bros or commencal.

love to see sam on a different bike; but not really a trek; they had lance armstrong and that there claim to fame.

will

peanut

Likes Dirt
do they really expect to get rachel atherton? what a crock of shit, theres probably zero chance of her leaving her brothers
Have to agree there, the Athertons have always been a package deal and i can't see gee, dan or rachel wanting to leave commencal with the great year they're having.

peto

Likes Dirt
Suckers

It will all be BS.
Every time some one starts a new team they want some 'HYPE' so they say their talking with some one like Sam.
We all get sucked in for a bit and they get a lot of free press.
It is a standard marketing move.

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You got to be kidding, the BigW Dunlop bkes are waay better than Huffy:D I think Sam should ride a Dunlop instead of a Huffy!