Sam hill riding for specialized

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i didn't think he would ever leave iron horse. I don't think your link is working... or is that just me?

MIKEY B

Likes Dirt
I am trying not too get too sucked in to all this hype but that dirt mag article looked pretty legit - 23 degrees and all - plus +++ No actual names dropped.

But just wait a minute.....Heres a thought for you???
The mountain bike equivalent to Lance Armsterong in my humble opinion would be NICHOLAS VOUILLOZ - He's got the runs on the boards.

NOW - Thats a rumour!!!

Oh yeah - If someone already said this too bad....Im not going back 15 pages to check.

McPete

Likes Dirt
it has specialized tyres...

Would be a serious disadvantage if Sam doesnt get to run to Maxxis.
I wouldn't be so fast to say that. Specialized make some very nice tyres. Their Chunder DH tyres are at least on par with Minions.

That said, that bike is probably at the Specialized stand, and thus it's running all the Specialized components for that reason alone. If this is a true SH bike, then you'd more than likely be seeing a fair representation of his sponsors on the bike when it's actually in competition.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't be so fast to say that. Specialized make some very nice tyres. Their Chunder DH tyres are at least on par with Minions.

That said, that bike is probably at the Specialized stand, and thus it's running all the Specialized components for that reason alone. If this is a true SH bike, then you'd more than likely be seeing a fair representation of his sponsors on the bike when it's actually in competition.
Even if he has to ride Specialized tires, he'll just black out the writing on his Maxxis tires like a lot of other pro riders do.

But isn't the Monster Energy team sponsored by Maxxis anyway?

friz

Likes Dirt
Go Sam

I like Sam Hill as a rider, it doesn't phase me one bit what bike he rides just as long as he is happy, just like me I don't care what i ride just as long as I can ride :D.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
Even if he has to ride Specialized tires, he'll just black out the writing on his Maxxis tires like a lot of other pro riders do.
because maxxis make such god dam good tyres!

but i dont think that sam is that kind guy, he seems pretty loyal to his sponceres

Bomb446

Likes Dirt

But isn't the Monster Energy team sponsored by Maxxis anyway?
Ah, Maxxis now has the dominance Michelin once had.

I'd say it only has Specialized tires because of where it's displayed as someone just said.