AM Santa Cruz Nomad CC V3

stottie

Squid
Sweet ride

Dude that bike is so sick and I love the black it reminds me of my old yeti asr5c sweet ride man hope I see you around on that beast.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Mad 'Mad mate, looks mint. +1000 for a report on the 180 fork. Have 160 Pikes on mine and wanting to go Fox 36, unsure on 160 or 180 as yet

Enjoy the ride.
I've got a 150mm 36 on mine, goes real well. I'm still trying to find a good baseline setup but it's a phenomenal fork, very controlled.

Markee

Likes Dirt
That is one damn sexy bike you got there sir. looking forward to a ride report after barjarg. :thumb:

Barjarg Enduro was a no go two weeks ago because after Saturday's practice my shoulder just wasn't up to racing and in practice I just could not push like I would want to in a race. Although it did prove good as a shake down for todays ride out at Shepherds Track in Kinglake allowing me to get some base settings.

So some background to what I'm comparing to suspension wise, I came from a 140/160mm Trek Remedy 8 with Fox Float X2 in the back and Fox 34's up front. These were my first real intro to MTB suspension and they worked really well on that frame, a frame that was just to small being a medium.
Now when I hop on the Large Nomad it's a completely different ball game! This thing just screams at me to ride it harder and harder.
The room to move with the longer top tube and wider bars is fantastic. I can get my weight forward over the front for more grip but still feel like I'm in control with room to move should I need too.
The Lyrik at 180mm running around 85psi and 27% sag was insanely good. On the last 2 runs of the day (did 7 in total) I was finally getting full use of all the travel available front and rear.
The bike feels well balanced heading downhill and it definitely feels more stable than the Remedy.
I can't wait to get more and more hours on it and get that feeling back like I had with the Trek.

What's it like with 180 up front? I've struggled to find many places a modern 160mm bike can't handle.
Mitchy I will say it does wander a bit on the flat and climbing with it set to 180mm but thats really to be expected and is the main reason I went for the Dual Position version.
I can basically have one bike that does it all for me. Trail riding is a breeze in 150mm mode and when it gets steep and I'm chasing gravity runs 180mm is awesome.
I would love a DH bike but actually can not afford one and with a baby on the way I highly doubt it will ever happen anyway. There lots of pressure to sell both moto's I have because on their lack of use. I'm putting it off for as long as possible.

On the plus side after taking my wife out for a cruise around Kurrajong at the You Yangs on the Remedy she has asked to go out again on more than one occasion since. This makes me very happy, although the previous mentioned baby is gonna shelve that idea very shortly!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Mitchy I will say it does wander a bit on the flat and climbing with it set to 180mm but thats really to be expected and is the main reason I went for the Dual Position version.
I can basically have one bike that does it all for me. Trail riding is a breeze in 150mm mode and when it gets steep and I'm chasing gravity runs 180mm is awesome.
I would love a DH bike but actually can not afford one and with a baby on the way I highly doubt it will ever happen anyway. There lots of pressure to sell both moto's I have because on their lack of use. I'm putting it off for as long as possible.

On the plus side after taking my wife out for a cruise around Kurrajong at the You Yangs on the Remedy she has asked to go out again on more than one occasion since. This makes me very happy, although the previous mentioned baby is gonna shelve that idea very shortly!
Fair enough! 150/180 would make for a great combination.

Blue bits look good too. :thumb:

Markee

Likes Dirt
Pictures look great. hope it goes well this weekend.

Cheers.

Was a rough old day out at Maldon today. So many square edge rocks taking their toll on everyones bikes. I was lucky the Nomad just lapped it all up like it was nothing.
My riding buddy Andrew scored two flats, (2nd one tearing a hole and ending our day), busted derailleur and to top it off his bike bounced off the shuttle trailer coming out of the carpark! A small paint chip/scratch on the down tube but no other damage luckily.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Changed a few things up recently so I thought I add some more to this thread.
Picked up a Push Industries ElevenSix second hand for a great price recently. It is amazing!!!! Still playing around with it but the design and ease of use is ridiculous.
Added a KS Lev Integra 175mm dropper to gain a bit more clearance over the Reverb.
Chucked a new drive train on with an AbsoluteBlack 34t oval ring, Sunrace MX8 11-46t cassette in black and new black KMC chain.
And some new black/grey ODI/AG1 grips.
Next will be some TRP G-Spec Quadiem brakes front and rear.

Thinking about moving over to a Fox front end at 170mm so will put up an expression of interest in my 150-180mm 2POS Lyrik. If anyone's keen I'd be looking around $1000, one year old, just had lower leg service. PM me.
Reverb is for sale too $250

Last edited: