Schladming - 2009 world cup final

churren

Likes Dirt
Track looks awesome, can't wait to see the race on Sunday morning. Looks like I won't be very productive at work on Monday.

Go Sam!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I like how they have painted all the roots in that wooded section. It's not like the roots arnt slippery enough. Little bit of moisture on those and it'll be a giant slip 'n' slide.:D

tumble

Likes Dirt
I like how they have painted all the roots in that wooded section. It's not like the roots arnt slippery enough. Little bit of moisture on those and it'll be a giant slip 'n' slide.:D
Nothing young Sambo can't make short work of.

tom92

Likes Dirt
looks like a really fast track
really high speed with all the open sections

hope theres a speed trap there in guess at least 55km

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be very surprised if Sam doesn't win here. I think last year the pressure of the overall got to him. He's had some of his biggest margin victories here in the past - just hope he finds that sweet spot between being a bit too cautious (Bromont) and going too hard (Andorra).

I have to say that if doesn't win here but wins the overall, I kind of think the points system needs to be looked at. Minaar has had a consistent year (except for Mont Saint Anne) and won three World Cups. Wouldn't seem fair to win that many races but lose the overall if Sam only wins one (that said, I'm hoping Sam smokes everyone).

Reckon Peaty will do well. Historically it's not a great track for him but he'll just be stoked to be finally riding in the rainbows and will probably be nice and relaxed.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to say that if doesn't win here but wins the overall, I kind of think the points system needs to be looked at. Minaar has had a consistent year (except for Mont Saint Anne) and won three World Cups. Wouldn't seem fair to win that many races but lose the overall if Sam only wins one (that said, I'm hoping Sam smokes everyone).
Your logic is flawed there, obviously Sam would be far more consistent if he won the overall with only winning one race whereas if Greg had won three...

And to my knowledge the WC is all about consistency...

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And to my knowledge the WC is all about consistency...
mate I don't disagree, but I reckon to date, Minaar has had a better, more consistent year. They've both had a 'bin' round as has Peaty and Atherton, but I reckon Minaar has combined consistency with a lot of wins.

Round 1 – south Africa
Minaar – 1st
Hill – 4th

Round 2 – Labresse
Minaar – 6th
Hill – 2nd

Round 3 – Andorra
Minaar – 3rd
Hill – 31st

Round 4 – Fort Bill
Minaar – 1st
Hill – 2nd

Round 5 – Maribor
Minaar – 3rd
Hill – 2nd

Round 6 – Mont Saint Anne
Minaar – 22nd
Hill – 1st

Round 7 – Bromont
Minaar – 1st
Hill – 3rd

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I don't disagree with you that he's had a better more winning year. But like I said it's about consistency not who wins the most.

Edit and from the table minnar has been off the podium twice as to hills once.

Last edited:

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
mate I don't disagree, but I reckon to date, Minaar has had a better, more consistent year. They've both had a 'bin' round as has Peaty and Atherton, but I reckon Minaar has combined consistency with a lot of wins.
You're also ignoring the qualifying points.

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Not to concerned about splitting hairs on consistency. Both are top of the tree riders.

But bugger "peaty weaty" and greg "the string bean" minaar. Go Sam!!!

Come on guys Sam is the premier aussie at the moment, lets get behind him!!!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're also ignoring the qualifying points.
Ah, yeah good point.

Not to concerned about splitting hairs on consistency. Both are top of the tree riders.

But bugger "peaty weaty" and greg "the string bean" minaar. Go Sam!!!

Come on guys Sam is the premier aussie at the moment, lets get behind him!!!
Mate I'm definitely behind Sam, although I have to say that Peaty is my all-time favourite rider. Don't worry, young Sammy is getting plenty of support and I fully expect to see him atop the podium this weekend.