Schladming - 2009 world cup final

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
One race to go with the mens scores close enough for a few people to walk away with the title.

1 HILL Samuel 1219
2 MINNAAR Greg 1203
3 PEAT Steve 1150
4 ATHERTON Gee 1078
5 HANNAH Michael 929

http://freecaster.tv/live/mtb/1007129/nissan-uci-mountain-bike-world-cup-schladming-dh-4x

The suspence is killing me, it all comes down to one race, looks like another early start on Sunday morning.
**Edit** early Sunday morning for 4X, later Sunday night for DH, see posts below.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd love to see Peat do the double this season!
That track continues to amaze, it is so good to watch. May the best man win!;)

syko

Likes Dirt
Can't wait for this race, let's hope Marcus Fairbanks pins it and gets a good spot in the junior's!

Steepy

Likes Dirt
looks like another early start on Sunday morning.
Or a very late finish. Did somebody say Vodka and Red Bull?

Minnaar is gonna be hungry as for the win here after missing out on being World Champ by so little, lets hope Hill can hold him off.

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
If Hill keeps it rubber side down he should be sweet for the overall.... And next season looks much better for him too!
As far as I know, juniors are assessed for a separate ranking, with world cup overall for juniors on offer, but they race at the same time.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought the European rounds were usually around midnight but I suppose time will tell.

Edit. Says 3 and the countdown will come to 3. Excuse my ignorance.

Last edited:

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Where are you guys getting 3? Just curios since I saw they are having it at 14:00 on Sunday their time (Mens Final), which is 22:00 our time...

EDIT:
Never mind, I see it says 3 on freecaster.

Wonder how that works?

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Where are you guys getting 3? Just curios since I saw they are having it at 14:00 on Sunday their time (Mens Final), which is 22:00 our time...

EDIT:
Never mind, I see it says 3 on freecaster.

Wonder how that works?
It used to be 2200hrs for European races. I don't know whey that would change.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
It could be the countdown for the 4X. Mens final will still be Sunday and around 22:00 EST, Freecaster has known to be wrong previously.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The timetable for the World Cup round in Schladming is here:
http://www.mountainbike-weltcup.at/html_english/zeitplan.html

Schladming is 8 hours behind us according to Google.

The 4x finals starts at 7pm Saturday their time, which makes 3am Sunday morning our time.

The Women's DH final start at 1:15pm Sunday their time, which makes 9:15pm our time. Which means the Men's final starts at 10pm Sunday night - Perfect for Sunday evening viewing. :D

The last time I relied on Freecaster's countdown, I was up at 3am in the morning, having just had a triple shot of very strong coffee, and left with not a whole hell of a lot to do in the early hours of the morning... :confused:

So the round up of Sydney viewing times are:

Finals:
4x Men's & Women's - Sunday morning at 3:00am
DH Women's - Sunday evening at 9:15pm
DH Men's - Sunday evening at 10:00pm

Less than a week to go now!! :)