AM Second Time Lucky (Craftworks FRX V2)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe something like a Lyrik, totem, x Fusion vengeance or metric? I want to try something other than a marzocchi for the moment
Just how many burly 26" forks are still available at non-stupid prices? Could you mullet it for some 650b options?

I'm thinking the same. Stocks are running low, too expensive, or piled up on mine and moorey's garages. It would have been ideal to grab those fox e-Bike runouts CRC were doing a few weeks back for around $600. Id be running those 66s while waiting for a deal like that to pop up again. No need to run the 27.5 wheel if you want to stay 26 on the front. But mullet won't kill the bike.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
For the price of a set of seals you could probably get that fork going again. If you dont like it though, fair enough, find something new. Xfusion vengence have a good reputation. If they are anything like the sweeps I own, they will be very reliable. Looks like diymtb still have some metrics available but it might be a bit too much fork for that bike though.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
If you can get a Metric they'd be my pick as they are as stout as all buggery. As others have said though I think your chances of something burly in 26 inch are slim

Lucaw

Next in line
For the price of a set of seals you could probably get that fork going again. If you dont like it though, fair enough, find something new. Xfusion vengence have a good reputation. If they are anything like the sweeps I own, they will be very reliable. Looks like diymtb still have some metrics available but it might be a bit too much fork for that bike though.
the stantions are flared out at the bottom from too many harsh bottom outs which is probably what damaged the seals in the first place. did you have a link for the metrics?
Just how many burly 26" forks are still available at non-stupid prices? Could you mullet it for some 650b options?
A 27.5 fork would work as well.

BKMad

Likes Dirt

Lucaw

Next in line
New fork day!!!
2018 Rockshox Yari

From just a driveway bounce test, they fell amazing. I reckon I’ve knocked about half a kilo off the front end over the 55 too!
They are 150s when I’d prefer a 160, but I’ll sort that out at a later date.
Oh, @moorey, I’m still interested if @dh1 is selling 26inch stuff

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
New fork day!!!
2018 Rockshox Yari
View attachment 386695
From just a driveway bounce test, they fell amazing. I reckon I’ve knocked about half a kilo off the front end over the 55 too!
I've got a 160mm shaft to suit lyrik/yari here. I took it straight out of a new 2017 Lyrik.

PJO

in me vL comy
New fork day!!!
2018 Rockshox Yari
View attachment 386695
If you want to go to 170mm I have an airshaft that I'm about to liberate out of a Yari, would happily swap for your 150 airshaft...
Plus I'm in Hobart so no postages required

Jpez

Down on the left!
If you want to go to 170mm I have an airshaft that I'm about to liberate out of a Yari, would happily swap for your 150 airshaft...
Plus I'm in Hobart so no postages required
If he’s not interested in a swap or buy I’d buy it off you.

Reactions: PJO