Seeds pulses nuts and grains...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
School me please folks!

Despite widespread belief I attempt live a reasonably healthy life style. I exercise a fair bit and generally eat well. Part of this is a reasonable amount of seeds pulses nuts and grains. However I have never really educated myself about which ones and why. So share your knowledge and experiences with me please? I would like to know:
- what
- why
- how
You're into these delightful little sources of fibre?

placebo

Likes Dirt
One of the best sources I've found for this is:

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/beans/page/8/

This doctor makes a ton of videos and articles available answering this sort of stuff with evidence backed medical opinion. Watching and reading all of it has lead me to take up a primarily whole-food plant based diet.

[video=youtube;_lcCKrLl7Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcCKrLl7Ow&nohtml5=False[/video]

placebo

Likes Dirt
One on nuts and cancer:

[video=youtube;EdfHlNXQ9PU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdfHlNXQ9PU[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ Thanks for the info, though I'm wary of you as a source based on that name...I did however just eat a nice serve of black beans in my late lunch. I'll be considering how to get some walnut and pecan intake, as currently they are not on my list of foods. Which is odd as i particularly love walnuts.

will2

Likes Dirt
Have you ever heard of Kapai Puku? It's a museli mix that is just seeds, and is really good. I have never bought the stuff because it is stupid expensive, but what I do is just jot down the ingredients and buy is bulk from a health food retailer that is in Sydney (It's near my house but easier to buy online) called 'honest to goodness'.
Mix it all up in a handy pail put the lid on and for not a whole lot of money get breakfast and a snack for very long time. It's filling, loaded with goodness, tasty and cheaper (and healthier) than store bought muesli.

I'll try find out what I have been putting into it recently but give it a look.

stirk

Burner
Have you ever heard of Kapai Puku? It's a museli mix that is just seeds, and is really good. I have never bought the stuff because it is stupid expensive, but what I do is just jot down the ingredients and buy is bulk from a health food retailer that is in Sydney (It's near my house but easier to buy online) called 'honest to goodness'.
Mix it all up in a handy pail put the lid on and for not a whole lot of money get breakfast and a snack for very long time. It's filling, loaded with goodness, tasty and cheaper (and healthier) than store bought muesli.

Sounds tasty but will he need to change his name if he becomes a seed eater?

[video=youtube_share;ZDlUPLdCT5g]https://youtu.be/ZDlUPLdCT5g[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Cheers Will. I'd be interested to see a recipe and some pics of your blend...

I currently eat a combo of lsa, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia, and quinoa each day with fruit and yoghurt. It is rather nice. Also each beans brown rice and lentils a lot. Can be awkward on trail sometimes!

will2

Likes Dirt
Cheers Will. I'd be interested to see a recipe and some pics of your blend...

I currently eat a combo of lsa, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia, and quinoa each day with fruit and yoghurt. It is rather nice. Also each beans brown rice and lentils a lot. Can be awkward on trail sometimes!
This is a quick think about it. Not complete list.

Flax
Chia
Pepitas
Amaranth
Goji
Sunflower
Dried mango (so fucking yummy ahh)
Coconut shreds
Buckwheat
Lindseed

Also pretty key to add glucose in the form of apricot, dates, whatever. Gives you a boost, woo hoo.

Get a big pail and mix it up.
I stick to farmers union Greek yogurt to keep the sugar down and just drop a little honey on top.
www.goodness.com.au

These is definitely not a definitive list but a good start to all things health.

Edit: As for the hurricane force wind you are thinking of, I don't notice a difference of breakfast with this to any other breakfast, eggs, toast, weetbix or whatever.
It's not gassy at all really.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wind? Ain't no gas mining going on. Nothing but pure brown coal...

This is a quick think about it. Not complete list.

Flax
Chia
Pepitas
Amaranth
Goji
Sunflower
Dried mango (so fucking yummy ahh)
Coconut shreds
Buckwheat
Lindseed

Also pretty key to add glucose in the form of apricot, dates, whatever. Gives you a boost, woo hoo.

Get a big pail and mix it up.
I stick to farmers union Greek yogurt to keep the sugar down and just drop a little honey on top.
www.goodness.com.au

These is definitely not a definitive list but a good start to all things health.

Edit: As for the hurricane force wind you are thinking of, I don't notice a difference of breakfast with this to any other breakfast, eggs, toast, weetbix or whatever.
It's not gassy at all really.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
2 fifths of fuck all glucose in apricots and I don't think there is any in dates. Sugars yes, glucose no. Unless you count sucrose which is a fructose attached to a glucose molecule

will2

Likes Dirt
2 fifths of fuck all glucose in apricots and I don't think there is any in dates. Sugars yes, glucose no. Unless you count sucrose which is a fructose attached to a glucose molecule
Yeah I always get mixed up in the various sugars. Thank you for the help friend.

I have a new statement. You need some sugar for the mix, add some sweet dried fruits.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Especially after your diet of grains, seeds, fruits and nuts.
Somehow it feels like the only move forward for me is the full banana girl diet...

Cooked up a delicious stew last night. Turkey, veggies, garlic, thyme, oregano, black bean, red lentils, green lentils...sitting like a boss!

placebo

Likes Dirt
Somehow it feels like the only move forward for me is the full banana girl diet...
I can't sit through a full video from either of those two. There's a huge part of me that sees them as a couple of meth head trolls scabbing money at a train station in between making youtube videos, and her servicing paying tricks. She popped up in a pinkbike article today, and a quick google of their past doesn't dissuade me from that conclusion. Surely Giant/LIV can't be stupid enough to throw her some product.