Seeking Advice: Trails Near Hobart CBD

Raikkonen

Likes Bikes
Hi legends,

I've recently moved to Hobart, living in the CBD. I'm wondering what the best trails are, within 15-20 on ride from the CBD, I can shred on my enduro after work.

Is knocklofty any good? I also believe there's some trails near Cascade brewery?

I've seen some maps online, but there are 100's of trails, so I was hoping for some recommendations

Cheers

clockworked

Like an orange
Go to cascade brewery. Whip out trail forks. Navigate to fish fingers. From there turn right to do lower montain variations on red wine and goon bag, or turn right and do variations from ginger lady amd sexual soil.
Climb back up ffish fingers. Rinse and repeat until exhaustion.

Knocklofty has stuff, tolmans hill has stuff, mt nelson.has stuff. They all require a bit more local knowledge, so get on a group ride and find them all!

nathanm

Eats Squid
As above, South Hobart is littered with trails but you're going to be climbing everywhere you go. Tas MTB adventures (I think it is) do run the odd ad hoc shuttle up Mt Wellington which make it easier.

There's a few on the domain but they're green xc.

Raikkonen

Likes Bikes
Go to cascade brewery. Whip out trail forks. Navigate to fish fingers. From there turn right to do lower montain variations on red wine and goon bag, or turn right and do variations from ginger lady amd sexual soil.
Climb back up ffish fingers. Rinse and repeat until exhaustion.

Knocklofty has stuff, tolmans hill has stuff, mt nelson.has stuff. They all require a bit more local knowledge, so get on a group ride and find them all!
Just did goon bag and it was very steep and technical.

Is red wine a little more free flowing?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Slides/ Jurassic Shark are easier trails on the SoHo side. As others have noted Meehan sound more like your style.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

clockworked

Like an orange
Piece of piss is probably my favourite trail at the moment.

Can hit 95% of it by number of features. Can hit about 50% of it by size of the features....

clockworked

Like an orange
Red wine and sexual soil used to be these super smooth, steep, bermed trails a couple years ago. They've grown into rutty and rooted technical trails now. I'm not sure which stage i like better though!